What's new

My personal odyssey to get on the list for BestBuy Preferred Customer coupons. (1 Viewer)

Carlos V III

Stunt Coordinator
Well Mike, to add more confusion to the mess, I just received my first ever coupons in the mail for this upcoming weekend's Preferred Customer Weekend! :b
I've never had their Credit Card and have never bought a major appliance; however I have had a number of encounters with the Customer Service Desk recently correcting DVD purchases where the advertised discount/sale was not properly applied on my receipt. Seems like I've had to do this about every other week over the last three months. Now I just hope the coupons keep coming! :emoji_thumbsup:
Oh, and Dave you will enjoy the Mintek! :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Malcolm: Did you get your coupons yet?
Yes! Yes!! YES!!! (touchdown dance around the living room)
jump.gif

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I guess even Best Buy knows that when you buy a washing machine instead of a HDTV, it's not a huge leap who's in charge in that household.
smiley_rotflmao.gif

smiley_rotflmao.gif

smiley_rotflmao.gif

How DARE you not run away after making a smartass remark like that!!!! :angry: :D
Lets see...clean clothes/widescreen TV. Clean clothes versus widescreen TV. Social acceptance versus really cool electronics! What WAS I thinking?!?! :rolleyes::D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
How DARE you not run away after making a smartass remark like that!!!!
Sorry. Too busy celebrating. I had grabbed the mail when I got home, but didn't think to look through it until your reminder. :emoji_thumbsup:
Perhaps I was dancing away? :wink:

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I got my Preferred Customer coupons also today...and just like Mike they were addressed to my wife ELISABETH!!!
However, my wife actually likes Best Buy unlike Mike's wife :)
I am planning some purchases now..... yipppeeee!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, I was correct in my assumption that my contact, Craig, must no longer be working for BestBuy. I received, today, this e-mail from a different customer service rep. who informs us that:
...our coupons are generally sent to customers with an established purchase history with Best Buy or to those with a Best Buy Credit Card. That's the first time anyone from BB has tried to express how to go about getting on "the list".
Here is the entire text of her reply to me:
Mr. Frezon:
Thank you again for contacting Best Buy's Corporate Headquarters regarding our preferred customer promotions. Craig is no longer with the company. I will be more than happy to address your concerns. Regarding your inquiry, our coupons are generally sent to customers with an established purchase history with Best Buy or to those with a Best Buy Credit Card. Again, I will submit your request, which will be examined by our marketing department. If you are deemed to qualify for our preferred customer promotions you will be receiving your coupons within the next 1-2 promotional periods. In closing, I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write. Your business is important to us and your comments are appreciated. We thank you for your patronage and hope to see you in your local Best Buy store in the near future.
Respectfully,
Courtney Nguyen
CR Contact Center Representative
Best Buy Enterprise Customer Care

Its too bad I, apparently, now have to have my request re-submitted. I also wonder if I really want to be "deemed" (worthy?) to qualify for the coupons. Am I "worthy"?
:rolleyes:
Oh well, the odyssey continues....
In the meantime, I've got my wife's coupons! :D :D :D

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Well, lo and behold, yesterday I got Preferred Customer Coupons for this coming weekend, and in my name, (not my wife's). Now I have to carefully pick my 5 DVD's. Also I MAY use the 10% Any Item on a ~20 inch LCD or Plasma TV, for the bedroom. Have to weigh all the variables on that one.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
On Saturday, October 5th, BestBuy Preferred Customer Weekend coupons were delivered to my house!! ...issued in my wife's name.
I guess we know who washes the pants in that relationship!!!
Hahahah...er... sorry. I couldn't resist! :D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Mike: I betcha that, even if they decide you're "worthy", that you don't get 'em because they probably only allow one set of coupons per household.

Anyone else have any thoughts/input on that?

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I just got coupons in the mail yesterday as well. :p) They were addressed to my wife. We tried to figure out what list we got on there from since we do not have and have never applied for a BB credit card and because American Express has her name with a typo (wrong middle initial) so we know it was not from them. The only other card she has used there is a Visa check card from our credit union checking account. So they either got it from the check card or some other database.

Incedentally, you would be surprised how many catalogs we get with the AMEX misspelling on them.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Incedentally, you would be surprised how many catalogs we get with the AMEX misspelling on them.
That's a very useful tool, isn't it? I always sign up for stuff now with different on-purpose mispellings so I can figure out who put me on what mailing list. :wink:

SusanO

Agent

Two words - girl power [tee hee hee]

My guess is it's an evil plot to get us womenfolk into the habit of shopping at Best Buy. Apparently a lot of you guy-types are already well trained to regularly visit and drop money off at the big yellow and black box that is BB. It may also be a ploy to get your significant others to sign up for Best Buy credit cards. I have heard from my friends who work in advertising and marketing that right now retailers will do just about anything to get the $$$ away from women in the 34-54 age group as they tend to have if not the final say a huge say in so many household purchases big and small(that's what their market research tells 'em anyway). They fight like crazy and pay insane rates to get their stuff advertised on TV shows that women in that age group watch.

I'm at the lower age extreme of that group but alas no coupons for me (I buy most of my DVDs with cash not a credit card and I rarely buy or return anything to Best Buy as they've been a huge pain for me to deal with - long lines and the Spanish Inquisition whenever I check out - that litany of questions they ask wastes too much of my time).

All bets would be off for a cheap Art Of Buster Keaton DVD boxset from Kino though (for any Best Buy people listening ;-)

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I've never gotten these, though my friend — who never shops at Best Buy (he doesn't even own a car in Los Angeles!) — just did. As did his two neighbors. There must be some conspiracy going on.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Hey Mike, any chance of getting Courtney's email address? I want to try and follow up on my letter to Mr. Schulze.

Ed E Lee

Agent
Mike: I betcha that, even if they decide you're "worthy", that you don't get 'em because they probably only allow one set of coupons per household.
Um, that isn't the case here. Two sets of coupons showed up at my place. One set for my mom and one set for me. Guess that shoots that theory down. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If I had a nickel for every theory about how BB goes about setting up their "prefered customer" list, only to find someone else who can shoot it down......

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Ed, I was actually hoping someone would "shoot it down", as the case goes. Maybe I want to try for double-coupons in this household!
Seeing as how my wife is so possessive of her coupons... :frowning:
But she's planning to share, so that's nice! :) Oh, and I have a coworker who got some, and he actually was gonna throw them away. But he says he'll bring them in for me today. I hope he remembers. I wonder if it's cool to call him at home at 4:30 in the morning to remind him......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks