What's new

My Name is Earl (1 Viewer)

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Yeah, the monkey thing was hilarious..."That was just like in ET when the little girl first saw the monkey"

I loved at the end when Earl smashed the lamp and it seemed that he realized that could have easily been Randy's head, yet he shrugged it off and put the blindfold back on...Classic!

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I thought this episode was more laugh out loud funny then the football episode. Some really funny moments. Two guys faking their death to get away from this woman. Dont recall seeing that on any other sitcom lately.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/18/05

I thought it was okay in the 1st half, but the last 5 minutes brought it all back into focus, and calling for Karma saved the day.

"Seacrest...out!"

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I liked this episode, the ending was good enough to make up for the middle.

Earl: getting people to learn is hard work, no wonder teachers make so much money.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Randy's comment after the "calling for Karma" bit about all of the countries in all of the worlds had me in stitches.

Regards,

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Last night's ep pretty much resolved the nagging issue I had with Randy, who just follows whoever he's hanging out with. I was glad to see him experience some negative consequences and the message that being an accomplice doesn't pay either.

James T

Screenwriter
I thought yesterday's episode was one of the funniest eps of Earl so far. I laughed out loud pretty much at everything that had to do with the foreigners.

Nathan_F

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan
Does any current show pull it together at the end like Earl does? I love that. Seinfeld did that really well. Not that Earl has reached that level of genius, but, in the words of Hubie Brown, it has tremendous upside potential.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Actually Arrested Development does the "pulls it out at the end" quite well, and they have a nice track record in that department.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Now that a bunch of episodes have passed, I think I may have stumbled upon it's charm. It's nice to see such a positive show. As much as the funny parts are politically incorrect (like busting on foreigners), in the end, Earl ends up doing good things. I think that's what I really like about the show. It leaves you with a warm and fuzzy feeling in the end, even though the show is pretty seedy. Yeah, I figured Jamie Pressley would only be on for the first few (to get the show going), but her character is such a great foil for Earl that it was good to see that back as part of the show.

I loved her tiff with her neighbor. "I give you infection!" LOL

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/1/05

The little gestures on this show are so funny, and relevatory. Catalina gets lovelier every episode. Joy is fun to watch, just because she's knows what she wants, and is willing to go to great lengths to get it. Wonder how much the hospital bills is going to be with that leg injury, ouch!

Loved the white trash spaghetti recipe.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Another great episode! The Earl/Office hour has become a must-see in my book. Let's hope NBC doesn't muck it up!

Randy caressing and smelling his hand after touching Catalina was priceless!

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
I almost choked when Earl asked the knife-throwing mother why she wouldn't put on a bathing suit and she looked at her daughter and said, "Because SOMEBODY couldn't find her way out of mommy so the doctor had to cut her open and left a big old nasty scar."

hahahaha

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
...not to mention mouthing the words to "The Greatest Love of All" while doing it. The soft shoe on Joy's fake dead momma's ashes was pretty funny, too.

Regards,

Nathan_F

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan
I was laughing my butt off through the whole episode.. in addition to the above:
As the girl tells him she wants to be a doctor, Earl, with such a serious look and the thought that he's going to cave there and tell her to follow her dream, goes into the there's too many doctors speech!!

Awesome show!

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I love this show. It's funny on so many levels, and heartwarming and life-affirming without being schmaltzy.

I don't think it's an accident that the writers picked a doctor for the little girl to want to be, rather than, say, an astronaut or the President. The irony that the first sworn duty of a doctor is to "do no harm" was not lost on me. I don't think there are many doctors who came into their profession by stabbing some guy in the leg and then leaving him unattended on stage to suffer.

Very hilarous!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks