What's new

My Home Theater Page (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Am considering getting this new cartridge if I decide to have the speed issue fix and maintenance to the turntable done!

ortofon_quintet_red_mc_cartridge.jpg

IMG_7661.JPG
IMG_7658.JPG

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
If I had the money to spare I would build a separate two channel system and it would be using vintage pieces! It is beyond a challange with being stuck in a part time job at $10.25/hr so if anyone would like to donate I sure wouldn't say no!

s-l1600.jpg

JBL L-100 Century Speaker.jpg

Revox-B77-1.jpg

280119-onkyo_cp1055f_stereo_turntable.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Was spending some time on Ebay even though I have no money to spend and still need decide on what I will do about my turntable situation! I would love to have a reel to reel especially since I believe I have a recording of my grandfather singing in a tavern from a long time ago!

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

I really really love this one!
s-l1600 (3).jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
So this is what I have been thinking about if I retire and store my Altec Lancing A-7's!

marantz_sr7010_surroundreceiver-front.jpg

20160624_110226.jpg

20160624_110238.jpg

41NS1uLiQJL_a.jpg

4K UHD Blu-ray version when available

20160624_110245.jpg

For surrounds

SonyVPL-VW300ESAngle (1).jpg

projection screen oak house 1a.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Besides the home theater upgrade I would like to build a stand alone two channel system. So do I just hold on to my Pioneer Spec1 preamp and let it sit and eventually buy a vintage Marantz stereo reciever like a 4270. If I do not do that I might just build around the Pioneer Spec1 preamp then decide on a power amp in which case I will have to decide on if I will use a tube amp or solid state amp. I will also have to get my Soundcraftsman EQ serviced. I would match a used Dual or Thorens turntable and a Pioneer 909 reel to reel tape deck along with a pair of JBL L100 speakers.

2 Channel Sys 1_20_2009a.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Well my receiver got put on the back burner for now and I am saving up for a new turntable. I will be upgrading the cartridge to an nice Ortofon and buying a external phono preamp. I also will be upgrading the rca cables to a nice set of Audio Quest and getting a record clamp.

I am going to purchase a Thorens TD-295 MK IV belt drive turntable so unless I get a full time job to replace my part time job I will be working on this till next September. Then I will buy some records and catching up on 4K UHD Blu-ray movies so I will not be saving up for my new receiver till sometime around March or April 2018!

td295mk4.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
CES 2016

I wouldn't want to buy a junk Hisense tv from china! I will stick with the brands like Sony, Samsung, Panasonic and now that I hear that LG is not having issues constantly I would consider an LG display. But heck no to Hisense!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks