What's new

MY FAIR LADY 4K restoration completed! Dec. 9th release announced (Post #299) (1 Viewer)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
And whom exactly do they listen to - and why - if not Robert A. Harris?
The Almighty...
1611082973888.png
:(

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
You may be right, B-ROLL, and yet my uninformed gut feels that those who make purchase of My Fair Lady, in the 4K/UHD format, will be doing so based solely on its excellence as a classic film; and not so for its needlessly imposed bells and whistles.

FILE UNDER: In RAH We Trust.

Last edited:

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
You may be right, B-ROLL, and yet my uninformed gut feels that those who make purchase of My Fair Lady, in the 4K/UHD format, will be doing so based solely on its excellence as a classic film; and not so for its needlessly imposed bells and whistles.

FILE UNDER: In RAH We Trust.
The reality is that most people won't care, and those that do may not recognize the problem.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
The reality is that most people won't care, and those that do may not recognize the problem.
Our hopes at HTF is that My Fair Lady will arrive in the 4K/UHD format as best befitting to your wishes and good satisfactions, as were recently seen with Spartacus, Rear Window, Vertigo and Lawrence of Arabia.

Fingers crossed and looking forward.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:
Real Name
GaryWilliamWhitley
Will it be in the original road show aspect ratio super panavision 2:76? Or regular 35mm pan vision fingers crossed indeed. From 70mm pana

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
CBS (the side with the actual copyright) and Viacom (the side with the home video division) just went through a corporate re-merger. Who knows the chain of command at these places anymore?

• Agreed
Reactions: PMF

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
A day-one purchase for me ... IF it gets a positive nod from RH.
In the meantime, I'll settle back and listen to my high-definition dub of the original Broadway cast, which I've burnt onto a blank DVD disc from an almost-virgin 1950s mono LP.

Reactions: PMF

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
My opinion on this matters little. Regardless of what those at the studio decide to do - and I hope they don’t merely go DV - the disc will sell, and they’ll profit.

My concern remains with the rights of the original filmmakers, but my words, when they arrive, will give an unbiased report.

Last edited:

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I think your opinion matters a lot in this case .. in the case of whether the disc should be bought or not!
Possibly to some, but I’m far too much a realist to believe that if there are problems - and I truly hope there are not - that they will be recognized.

There is a huge difference between something being entertaining eye candy, and being accurate the intentions of the filmmakers.

Last edited:

Harold Chasen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks