What's new
World Wide Stereo

My configuration challenge for multi room setup (1 Viewer)

jtpryan

Auditioning
Real Name
jim
Here is what I need to do and the restrictions. I was hoping somebody could help suggest the equipment to get as I have been away from this a while and really don't know what's out there. What I am looking for is something to drive my setup. I don't know if I need a receiver or a receiver/amp setup. Setup: A typical 5.1 home theatre setup in the living room: (1) 50" LG TV Sub, 2 front, 2 rear. Seven pairs of speakers in different rooms throughout the house. Inputs for DVD (HDMI), Computer (HDMI), DVR (HDMI) Restrictions: Must get at Best Buy as I have a lot of gift cards there earned through my business No Denon or Sony as I've had bad experiences with both in the past. Not sure about budget yet, I would rather spend the money to do it right. I don't know what other information would be needed, so just ask. I really do appreciate any help you can offer. I know the Best Buy thing sucks, but I can't justify to the finance committee (SWMBO) buying anywhere else when I have all this "free" money at BB. Thanks, Jim

728x90

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I'm pretty sure the reason for no replies is that when you add the "7 pairs of speakers..." part the system becomes exponentially more complicated (whole-house audio) and there are a whole host of additional questions:

1) Does each room hear a different source? If not, how many unique sources do you want?

2) Does each room have volume control?

3) Do you really want/need to have the 5.1 system AND the 7 rooms running off of a single receiver or receiver/amp combo?

Even if I knew the answers to these questions, I wouldn't be able to offer any recommendations, as this sort of setup is like nothing I've ever used before.

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
Well I'll throw some stuff out if you would like. First if you are saying a typical 5.1 I assume it means a center channel too. What brand/model of speakers do you have? Do you want to drive all the speakers at once? Have independant control of each pair of speakers? Honestly this can mean big money.

You could look at something like the Pioneer VSX-1120-K and maybe wire all the the speaker pairs to the "B" channel. Again it all depends on what you are looking at doing around all the other speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks