What's new

movie moments - the biggest laugh you've had (spoilers, of course) (1 Viewer)

steve_jk

Agent
Some oldies:

From a Peter Sellers Pink Panther movie (forget which one)

He had stumbled into a suit of armor, and as he was quickly trying to piece it back together he got his hand stuck in a glove that was attached to a ball and chain.
He then was interrupted and hid the hand behind his back. When he was subsequently introduced to someone he shot out his hand and knocked the person unconscious.

In another scene he came across a set of gymnast bars and proceeded to show off. Unfortunately for him, he dismounted to his right, and straight down the stairs that were next to the bars.

From Spaceballs:

The part where they pulled out the videotape of Spaceballs in an effort to locate John Candy & company. Moranis stopped the videotape right at the same spot in the movie he was at and did one of those doubletakes at the camera.

EdHoch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ed Hochstatter
Some folks have mentioned Top Secret...hilarious movie.

One bit that cracks me up every single time, is when they are looking down at the traffic, with the miniature cars to show how high up they are supposed to be....and then you see mice crawling among the cars ruining the sense of scale.....

...and then a mouse comes flying in an rear-ends one of the cars....kills me every time.

Frank Grimes

Second Unit
People mention Kentucky Fried Movie, which I didn't find as being incredibly hilarious, except one scene. It may be inapropriate to go into details, but the daredevil scene. People who have seen it know what I'm talking about.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one that liked Zoolander. It really isn't what I would consider a 'good' movie, but I
love it.

And since I haven't seen it mentioned yet, almost all of What Planet are you From. No scene stands out, but it's full of great one liners.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
South Park: BLU

For all the reasons previously mentioned, and The Mole (the guy has some serious issues...:) ), plus...

BLAME CANADA!! (that got some serious howls north of the 49th!)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Another one from the Big Lebowski: When the Dude asks if there are any suspects as to who stle his car and the cop tells him there four other officers on it. They have them working in shifts.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
Guys, they did make movies before 1980, you know :). I personally prefer dialogue driven comedy, but there are a few great physical comedy moments here:

The Producers: the whole "Springtime for Hitler" scene;

Young Frankenstein: the "put the candle in the holder" routine between Wilder and Garr; also, the "Werewolf", "There Wolf" gag.

The Lady Eve: Pretty much the whole movie, but I escpecially love Fonda's pratfalls, playing very much against type.

Bringing Up Baby: The restaurant scene and, of course, dinner with Susan, Aunt Elizabeth, Maj Applegate and Grant's obession with Asta, the dog; Grant ferreting around Aunt Elizabeth's garden looking for his bone and May Robson's priceless contempt for him.

Palm Beach Story: The Weenie King scenes and the wonderful Mary Astor's man-eater.

Duck Soup: Groucho's scenes with straight woman Margaret Dumont always crack me up. You just have to look at her reactions (which apparently weren't acted). Add to that, the whole of A Night at the Opera (sorely missing from DVD).

Annie Hall: the dinner scene with Annie's family, and the drive back to the Station with the psychotic brother (Christopher Walken). This is one of the few comic masterpieces of the last 30 years.

A Private Function: Maggie Smith generally, but especially the scene where they try to gas the pig

The Twentieth Century: the train scene early on in particular and John Barrymore's performance in general.

The Women: they don't write movies (or plays, in this case), like this anymore. The script is dripping with great wit and one liners.

Tootsie: The whole thing; it's a simply marvellous, sweet comedy that just doesn't seem to get made anymore.

Dinner at Eight: the great moment near the end between Marie Dressler and Jean Harlow about Harlow reading a book

Paul_Sjordal

Supporting Actor
Lilo and Stitch: "Pudge controls the weather."
Lilo and Stitch: "Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw."

Student Bodies: the paper clip murder scene

Repo Man: "Let's do crimes!" "Yeah, let's order sushi and not pay for it!"

Top Secret: the rear-ended Pinto scene

The Life of Brian: "You lucky bastard!"
The Life of Brian: "Crack suicide squad, attack!"

Monty Python's Holy Grail: "On second thought, let's not go there. It's a silly place."
Monty Python's Holy Grail: "Some watery tart throwing weapons is no basis for a government."
Monty Python's Holy Grail: "You must spank me!"

Clerks: Dante and his buddy running from the funeral home

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks