What's new

Movie fan from way back!! (1 Viewer)

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Thanks for allowing me to add my input to the mix. I've een a movie fan since about the age of 5 when I saw the Disney classic Peter Pan, in my hometown Theater. I grew up in Hollywood and then the folks moved to the suburbs to get out of the city. Both my parents and my granparents knew many of the stunt men and many actors in the day presonaly and this allowed me the appportunity to visit the studios backlots and soundstages in the late 50s and 60s.
As akid I had no means of "Buying or Owning" a movie, unless you got a severly editied 8mm version from either Castle or Black Hawk film companies, and either had the projector or knew of a niegborhood kid that did!!
Although Sci-Fi is my main drug of choice, my love ranged from Silent films and runs the gamit through the Golden and Silver ages of film and beyond. Later I worked at a company that for some would be seen as blasfimous, that digitally colorised classic films and cartoons. The last project I worked on was "Casablanca". My job was not to colorise but the correct and balence the grayscale values of the film itself prior to the addoition of color.
Again, thankyou and I look forward to talking with you all and sharing our love of all of these wonderful memories and the shared hope for their preservation.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Thanks John, appreciate the welcome, I do love movies of all forms and themes and look forward to talking with everybody. Since I’ve been able to collect some of my favorite movies it’s wonderful to be able to share the the interests and passions that we have with movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks