What's new

More Harry Potter (1 Viewer)

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Davis dvd reports a broadcast on network tv of Harry Potter and the sorcerors stone with an additional twenty minutes added to the film by the direcotr. During commercial breaks there will be behind the scenes of making the film and interviews with the cast.
After the film is a ten minute preview of the third Harry Potter movie.
Too bad none of this stuff is on the dvds.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
My DVD of HPatSS has a big 'ole pile of out takes and deleted scenes. I would bet there is at least 20 minutes worth

Might that be what is going to re-added for broadcast?

BGL

Frank@N

Screenwriter

They'll need a 4-hour network window for this event.

Better stock up on caffeinated drinks.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
The deleted scenes on the DVD total just over 8 minitues. The original DVDFile review stated 20 minitues, but it was incorrect. They never fixed the review either.

Anyways, I am glad they are adding in additional scenes. The orginal film lacked several important scenes that could have made the film a lot better had they been included. Putting back just a few of those scenes will make the film so much better. It's what the fans want. I don't care about the casual fans who just want a short film to watch. The films weren't made for casual fans. The films were made for the fans of the books. They want the films to be as faithful to the book as possible, and they don't care how long it is. I hope they eventually release the extended version on DVD.

Hope they also do the same thing with Chamber of Secrets.

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
Yeah, HP1 does NOT need to be any longer. I suspect it will just be the deleted scenes you can (painfully) get to on the DVD. Frankly, I wasn't impressed and am looking forward to the new director on HP3.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Well, dude, if you suspect its just the scenes on the dvd edited into the film- hmm, lets see. scenes on dvd barely 9 minutes. abc longer version - 20 minutes longer. Well, guess its something else. There are mamny scenes that have been talked about in various interviews that are NOT on the dvd so we may get to see some of this. With this longer versiuon and many interviews with cast and crew made at the time of the film and included on the abc cast, could Warners please give us a new special edition of this film?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks