What's new

Mister Ed Season 2 from Shout (1 Viewer)

MilesH

Stunt Coordinator
Season 2 is thankfully uncut:
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/misteredseason2dvdreview.html

But I'll wait to see how (or if) they resolve the issue with the edited episodes on season 1.

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I am going to wait on purchasing the season 1 and 2 sets of Mister Ed. I am hoping that one of these days soon that Shout! Factory will have a good sale that will enable me to get the releases I want at a covenient, low price. I still haven't gotten season 1 of Rhoda and I don't plan on getting season 2 of that series real soon either. Same goes with seasons 1 and 2 of The Patty Duke Show. While I wait, I will continue on watching these series through other means.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Last year I got most of the Mister Ed episodes off the THIS network and watched them with my daughter. We realy enjoyed them. I had originally planned to just author a nice DVD set for my own use, but I changed my mind when the first season came out. I didn't get around to getting it until a few weeks ago (after we had watched all the episodes) when it went down to about $23 and I'm glad I did. My daughter and I are enjoying watching the first season over again.

I'd much prefer having commercial pressed DVD's then DVD-R's when possible, and the quality is better then what I captured over the THIS network. Plus no station bug. But one of the nicest inclusions was the interview done last April with Connie Hines and Alan Jones. That I very much enjoyed.

The fact that some episodes were edited wasn't as big a deal for me since I've only ever seen them as syndicated prints. So what one's I get that aren't is great but the few that are, I won't know what I missed anyways. And as far as cuts go, I've seen some shows where they become very noticiable, but that hasn't been the case for me with Mister Ed. Season 2 should be arriving any day now. I hope thay at least get through Season 3 since I find that the episodes with the Addison's are the best.

I also captured all the Patty Duke episodes and when my daughter gets a bit older I plan on watching them with her too. Since they only went three years I will probably just end up buying the commercially released set (for the same reasons as above). But since I have some time I will wait a little longer to see if they ever go on sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks