What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Director Edward Dmytryk was a survivor of Hollywood’s tumultuous period between the late 1940’s and early 1950’s. Initially blacklisted as one of the Hollywood Ten following the success of Crossfire (1947) – being caught up in the Red Scare that also saw many of his fellow contemporaries on both sides of the camera suffering the same fate – he broke free and even managed to find greater success with The Caine Mutiny, Broken Lance (both 1954), Raintree County (1957), and The Young Lions (1958). Mirage represents a return to the suspense and noir genre that helped him breakthrough; previously released on DVD, Kino has licensed the film from Universal for its US Blu-ray debut...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Oh yes, I remember all those newspaper and magazine critics saying this was like a Hitchcock film. I enjoy this film a lot and Walter Matthau in particular. I especially appreciate the unsympathetic psychiatrist explaining what amnesia is and isn't.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thank you for your fine review. I plan on picking this one up if it's discounted enough when Kino has their next sale in December.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
If this is the same transfer as the foreign Blu-ray, I found it not wonderful. This is a film I absolutely love - if anyone has seen both, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks