What's new

Mega changer with DVD-A and SACD? (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Does anyone know of a Mega changer CD player that also does DVD-A and SACD? I don't want a DVD player as this will only be used for audio.

Parker

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Absolutely. I'd love to know if it did! A buddy of mine just snagged Sony's 300 DVD changer, but he's boxing it back up in anticipation of Sony's 400 DVD/SACD changer. No DVD-A, of course. :D

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I don't see why someone like Sony or Denon hasn't come up with these audio only type of players. It would be particulary great if they did this in a megachanger.

Parker

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Parker, there is no such animal yet. Kenwood released the Sovereign DV-5900M 403-disc DVD-Audio megachanger, and Sony will be releasing an SACD megachanger this year. That's it. If you look around, there aren't too many DVD megachangers of any kind on the market these days. I don't really know why that is. Pioneer, a company that has been very active in universal player arena, has completely gotten out of the megachanger game. Denon has no DVD megachangers on its range either. Matsushita (Panasonic) is aligned with DVD-Audio. Don't expect Sony to release any sort of universal player anytime soon.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
My megachanger nightmare scenario: thief breaks in, sees fully loaded changer, pulls its plug and walks out.

Up to $6000+ of CDs instantly gone with a 400 disc changer.

And a dvd changer!? Omagawd.........:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

LJ

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Lance, fair point. I am in the middle of converting all the CDs in my CD megachangers to CD-Rs, so if the megachangers are stolen, I'll be out a lot less money. Of course, making copies of DVDs is not really feasible.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Keith:

What I am meaning is that there isn't a need to have the video side of the player. So they could take out the video section and just leave the audio section ala the current batch of 400 disc CD players. Just add DVD-A and SACD to one of these and there you go. Just what I wanted.

Parker

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Parker,

It's not quite so simple as that.

There is a specification for an audio only DVD-A unit, but no one has (to date) built one in a consumer appliance.

Creative Labs' DVD-A player is audio only, but it's for PeeCee use.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks