Bryan
Seriously.
Shirley ...you can't be...
Serious Leslie Nielsen GIF by filmeditor

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Why would you post in a thread about something you would never watch?;)
What I mean is, based on many reviews, including ones on this site, I understand the Blu-ray has extreme smearing and electronic noise, which makes it very difficult to watch and appreciate, at least for someone like me who is sensitive to those things. So no, I wouldn't watch this particular version, because of the technical flaws. As far as the original cartoons are concerned, I love them, especially the ones produced by Fleischer, but they'll all great as far as I'm concerned and I watch then on DVD regularly, and would really like to have a decent version on Blu. I had these on order but cancelled it, and 19.95 seems way expensive to me for poor quality. Of course, that's only my opinion, based on the opinions of people, such as Mr. Harris, whose views I trust.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
What I mean is, based on many reviews, including ones on this site, I understand the Blu-ray has extreme smearing and electronic noise, which makes it very difficult to watch and appreciate, at least for someone like me who is sensitive to those things. So no, I wouldn't watch this particular version, because of the technical flaws. As far as the original cartoons are concerned, I love them, especially the ones produced by Fleischer, but they'll all great as far as I'm concerned and I watch then on DVD regularly, and would really like to have a decent version on Blu. I had these on order but cancelled it, and 19.95 seems way expensive to me for poor quality. Of course, that's only my opinion, based on the opinions of people, such as Mr. Harris, whose views I trust.
Still on sale digitally on iTunes for $9.99 and they look and sound great.

Check out what I just found with the CheapCharts app: Superman: The Fleischer Cartoons: The Complete Series for only $9.99.
https://cheapcharts.info/fwd/5ssO

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Still on sale digitally on iTunes for $9.99 and they look and sound great.

Check out what I just found with the CheapCharts app: Superman: The Fleischer Cartoons: The Complete Series for only $9.99.
https://cheapcharts.info/fwd/5ssO
Not currently available in Canadian iTunes Store. 😥

TriplicateGirl

Auditioning
Real Name
Karl
I finished watching the set today, and I loved it. Coming from the old public domain VHS releases, it's amazing how great these look. I do think the recent Yogi Bear release by Warner Archives was done a little nicer, but these shorts still look and sound fantastic.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
I finished watching the set today, and I loved it. Coming from the old public domain VHS releases, it's amazing how great these look. I do think the recent Yogi Bear release by Warner Archives was done a little nicer, but these shorts still look and sound fantastic.
Agreed. I'm glad I decided to judge for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks