What's new

Matrix Megaset - First details from R2 retailer (1 Viewer)

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
Might also be god to wait and see if Deep Discount does their 20% off thingy around Christmastime, like they did last year. Bet this'd be a hell of a lot cheaper that way.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
so that's SIX supplemental discs for what amounts to 3 movies. i guess that's kind fo like the LOTR EE stuff.

i will second whoever said the "operator" of Niobe's ship had the worst. jokes. ever. he only made one in the theatrical version (something about wiping the winshield of the ship?) but in the game there's so much more :frowning:

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
I chuckle to myself when LOTR fans bag on the Burly Brawl. Go watch your Legolas Vs. The War Elephant scene again, then come back here and start trashing the Burly Brawl.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
I think a big reason why the Burly Brawl is knocked is because prior to the movie coming out, there was so much talk about how it would be near impossible to tell the difference between real Hugo Weaving and CG Hugo Weaving(s). The truth though, is that it's pretty damn easy to tell the difference. The Legolas elephant scene is only like 20 seconds long and was never touted as breakthrough CG implementation.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
If I'm reading this correctly, almost none of the features from the existing discs are coming across. I'm not seeign anythign from the original matrix disc except the commentary and none of featurettes from any of the original series.

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg
Since I held out for this puppy, I'm looking forward to December a great deal...

Tony_Ramos

Second Unit
The main problem with the films is that they had little semblance of a cohesive plot or rational explanation for the action. Too much philosophy and not enough meaty characterization. Too many throw away characters, such as the Kid, Mifune, and Link.

There's only so many times I can watch hokey scenes like every shot in Zion in the first film.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

Hopefully they are saving their presence on the commentaries as a surprise. Small chance, but it's something.

Sebastien S

Second Unit
"possible spoiler"

Stupid question here but...

What ever happened to "Tank"? Didn't he survive the first movie?

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member

The only problem I had with that scene was that it just went on far too long. I can only watch the same few king-fu moves so many times before they get boring.

I've seen specs on this posted in a few places, but has there been any official confirmation of this set yet?

One extra that I haven't seen mentioned actually-will they include the webcomics that were published on the matrix website? Some of those were actually quite good, and featured some great top-shelf talent.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I doubt the comics will be on the disc as most of them were subsequently published in book form. They were quite good.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I felt the Burly Brawl was beautiful to watch...the CG of it less so, but the several MINUTES worth of great kung fu was a treasure.

Love the series, excited about the box set, and taking all of this with a grain of salt.

Good to see some people still practice their "wit" (and bad spelling/grammar) by attacking these films. Isn't that passe now?

Take care,
Chuck

Glenn R

Stunt Coordinator
I would also like to see the comics included. Heck, when they published the book, they should have made a DVD version available at the same time. Other publishers do this because of the net gain in sales.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I'll be putting this puppy on the top of my Christmas wish list and I already own the movies on DVD plus the Animatrix and Matirx Revisited.

Hopefully in the near future, we can find out if the trailers will be on the set. It would be cool if all of the TV spots could be on there as well. I looked at the official site and it looks there is the following available:

Matrix: 8 TV Spots, 1 Theatrical Trailer. No mention of the teaser trailer.

Reloaded: 14 TV Spots, Superbowl trailer, Japanese Trailer, Teaser Trailer, and Final Theatrical Trailer

Revolutions: 15 TV Spots and 1 Theatrical Trailer. No mention of the teaser trailer.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
When people criticise the series for ending the way it did, be sure to watch some of the Japanese anime films which inspired the Matrix. 99% of those have endings which suck dead donkeys, and are mired in dime store philosophies which basically can be summed up as "I wish I were a robot". So I was just happy that the W's did better than that - using actual philosophies, and exploring a balance between man and machine.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Please oh please please do not let Best Buy have some sort of Exclusive - for instance, all the trailers.

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
I think the funniest thing I ever heard someone say about the Matrix was:

"I was all into it until they brought up the 'people as batteries' thing, that totally took me out of the movie. Why use people? Why not lots and lots of rabbits? The machines could have made the Matrix one big field with lots of clover and been lords of the rabbits."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks