What's new

Matrix Megaset - First details from R2 retailer (1 Viewer)

Alex K.

Agent

Well, it would require that they animate their entire body. I don't think they would do that for a crummy dvd release. In the both Reloaded and Revolutions, it's only done for fight scenes.

jon_farthing

Agent
Theres more details on the HMV site now.

It confirms the extra footage on Reloaded is from the game. Also the commentaries appear to be by the actors and members of the crew. No mention of the Wachowskis on there.

John Alderson

Supporting Actor

I haven't played the game, but does that mean poorly rendered CGI for dramatic parts? (As opposed to the CURRENT poorly rendered CGI for things like the burley brawl.)

Yeesh, as if Reloaded needed ANOTHER 55 minutes.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
That footage has to be more than just video game footage. As pointed out, there not even 55 minutes of footage in the game, and most of that stuff is the same but one for each character.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
I would still like to see some extended footage in Revolutions, as I think this one suffered the most from loose ends and unexplained plot points...

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
If that 55 minutes is from the game, does that mean it's all without the principal actors (Reeves, Moss, and Fishburne)?

If so, an extra hour without the main characters equals :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: .

Zachary Cohen

Stunt Coordinator
From my understanding the footage in the game was shot with the original actors (Reeves, Fisburne, etc..)

Anyone who has played the game want to confrm this?

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
I'm happy that there are 'Revisited' discs for each of the sequels.

If a region one version will be similar to the specs listed here and the 'Revisited' discs of the sequels use similar concepts as the first 'Revisited' disc vis-à-vis the way the documentaries and extras are presented, I will be very satisfied until the release of the 'Art of...' books for the sequels (I can't get enough of the artistry in these films).

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Glad that I held out on the sequels. I own the Animatrix already (although I can probably offload that one), but will probably be stuck with another copy of the original. Not a big deal though, especially if it's as good a boxset as the Alien Quadrilogy (although I'd like to be able to switch audio/subtitles on the fly this time).

EricW

Senior HTF Member
if i recall correctly, there was no direct film of any of the principal characters in the movie. there was voice work done by Moss i think, and maybe Weaving, in some shots that were motion captured, so they may or may not have even used the original actors for the "simulation". it's been a while since i played it though

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
You guys are going to make me dust off my Reloaded DVD and watch the special features again, aren't you? I'm pretty sure they had at the very least scenes with Jada Pinkett and the guy who played Ghost.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
If the footage is just from the game then basically it's just Jada and and Ghost. I believe there was extra to Jada taking over the power plant as well.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Jada's character (Niobe?) bored me to tears. The last thing I want to see is a longer cut of Reloaded with even more footage just pertaining to her story. Ugh.

Tony_Ramos

Second Unit
I liked Reloaded a lot except for the useless scenes in Zion.

Link and his girl really ARE useless characters just there for comic relief! Great!

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George

Wouldn't it be nice if they not only edited in the extra scenes, but also eliminate or shorten others?

I also agree with the comment about Link and his comic relief. Just getting rid of his comical actions, I thought he was much better in Revolutions.

Tony_Ramos

Second Unit
I'm going to hold off for HD-DVD i think, i already own like 5 of the discs in this set!

The films weren't good enough to justify something like $80 out of my pocket in addition to the $15 that I bought each previous film for.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
This info comes from DVD Times:

Disc One: The Matrix
-All-new transfer supervised by the Wachowskis and director of photography (DP), Bill Pope
-Audio commentary by Keanu Reeves, Carrie Anne Moss, Laurence Fishburne, DP Bill Pope and other cast and crew

Disc Two: The Matrix Revisited (180 Minutes)
-Same special features as previous release
-Offers comprehensive behind-the-scenes look at the first film in the trilogy

Disc Three: Matrix Reloaded Extended Version (190 Minutes)
-New cut incorporating 55 minutes of footage shot for the 'Enter The Matrix' game
-Audio commentaries by Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Laurence Fishburne, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Production Designer Owen Paterson, 2nd Unit Directors David Ellis and Kimble Rendall and other cast and crew

Disc Four: Matrix Reloaded Revisited - Special Features (180 Minutes)
-Includes all new footage including dozens of never-before-seen cast and crew interviews, scene dissections, explorations of the production design and special effects, and more

Disc Five: Matrix Revolutions
-Audio commentaries by Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Laurence Fishburne, Special Effects Supervisor, John Gaeta; editor, Zach Staenberg and other cast and crew

Disc Six: Matrix Revolutions Revisited - Special Features (180 Minutes)
-Includes all new footage including dozens of never-before-seen cast and crew interviews, scene dissections, explorations of the production design and special effects, and more

Disc Seven: The Animatrix
-Same special features as previous release

Disc Eight: The Roots Of The Matrix - Special Features (180 Minutes)
-The Matrix and the History of the Action Genre - Examines the many influences of action cinema that make up The Matrix
-Brainiacs’ Revenge - Scholars, Philosophers, Theorists, and Charlatans deconstruct the intellectual underpinnings of the trilogy
-The Science Behind the Fiction – Is the notion of a real Matrix plausible? An investigation of the technologies that inspire the metaphor of The Matrix

Disc Nine: The Burley Man Chronicles - Special Features (75 Minutes)
-The Burley Man Chronicles - The “Human” story of the making of the Matrix, as well as the game Enter the Matrix
-Rave Reel- A club-oriented montage of unused and newly edited footage from Reloaded
-Spoofs of the Matrix -The “Best-Of” these various clips

Disc Ten: The Zion Archive - Special Features
-Zion Archive - Production assets developed for the Matrix universe, including concept artwork, storyboards, drawings, etc
-Basic ROM Features

Also contains 20-page soft cover matrix booklet.

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
Those spec's brings tears to my eyes. Looks like it's going to be the best DVD set EVER! No trilogy deserves it more.:emoji_thumbsup:

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I don't know. I enjoyed all three films but I'm getting more than a little tired of the enigmatic personas of the W. Bros. It doesn't seem like they have much of a presence in this set. I'll wait for the reviews to see if it's worth the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks