What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: The Ultimate Matrix Collection (Highest Recommendations) (1 Viewer)

Jari

Stunt Coordinator
I just recently got through my dvd-boxset and hadn't seen Reloaded & Revolutions before that. My first reaction after seeing them was that the Matrix sequels were really great and had the same level of brilliance like the first one! I truly enjoyed these much maligned sequels and couldn't grasp why so many people hate part 2 and 3. I really like this trilogy. Sure it isn't on the same level like some of my other favorite trilogies (LOTR, Indy 1-3, Back to the Future, Chinese Ghost Story). Hope I get this blu-ray set soon!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Jari, I'm now finding myself thinking along your lines. When they first came out, I gave #1 :star::star::star::star::star:, #2 :star::star::star: and a half, and #3 :star::star::star:

My opinion for number 1 hasn't changed, and I still find it to be the best of the trilogy. But maybe it's the years that have passed. Or maybe now that it's been a while since I watched them all and the anticipation and hype have gone, I was in a completely different mindset, but I now see it as truly a trilogy, one story, and well told throughout. I'd rank #2 and #3 :star::star::star::star: now. Sure there are still some things I have quibbles with, but the flow of the story going from 1 to 3 is quite good, and it now all makes sense to me. The Merovingian, The Oracle, The Architect, Smith, etc. I now understand [at least to a much greater degree than before] all of their relationships, and a lot of the misgivings I had before stemmed from not understanding the concepts of the story clearly.

This is just my own experience.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
You know, I'm going to revisit all of these again. I've always really liked the first movie, but not the sequels. However, a couple of years ago I revisited the sequels and my opinion improved a bit. I definitely want to see them again...especially in BD.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
If you guys really want a new opinion of the "Matrix" films, look up the books and websites that discuss both the comparative religious and philosophical themes of the films. Very interesting, and gave me a whole new outlook on the films.

robbbb1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Robb
The "glitch list" on the site mentions a video glitch during Matrix Revolutions when Neo and Agent Smith are fighting. Is that present on every copy, or just in some cases? I saw the collection has a good price at Amazon right now, but remembered this glitch report was the reason I hadn't pulled the trigger in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks