What's new

Marantz SR 4300 problems (1 Viewer)

Casey N

Auditioning
hey guys i am having a problem with my new reciever and i was hoping someone could help me!

i have 2 DVD player connected to my reciever. one is a cheap no-name brand that is connected by optical cable and is playing in 5.1 mode.

the other one is my good DVD player that is connected by co-axial cable but will only play in stereo mode. i put the disc into 5.1 mode as well as the player but the receiver says that it is playing in stereo mode.

i am confused and need some help.

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
Check if you have S-DRIECT enable, this also happen to me with my SR6200. If not also try to change it to DD with the surround option.

Good luck,

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yep, I have a similar issue once in a while - if you "force" a sound mode, the receiver will retain that mode sometimes. Just putting the receiver in Auto usually takes care of it. Check your DVD player's setup menu as well, to make sure your digital audio settings are correct. If the player is set to PCM rather than bistream, all you will get is stereo (though DTS may work, since it can pass as PCM).

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
John,

Funny, I was thinking about this also, and you know who help me with this, YOU.

THanks again, that day I was loosing it, I thought I didnt bought a good reciever.

Take care,
Pablo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks