What's new

Making Hamburgers (1 Viewer)

Jeff Savage

Second Unit
I have done many of the things mentioned above and they are all tasty. I will also add that Lipton's Beef Onion and Mushroom mix is great to stir in to (I like the regular onion mix too).

Resting the burgers allows all the natural juices to be re-absorbed by the meat. It is the same with any meat. Letting it rest before cutting will allow the juices to soak back in instead of running out when you cut it.

The trick to getting flat burgers is twofold. First you need to have a good ratio of thickness to diameter (the thicker you want it the bigger around it needs to be)and add a little depression in the center. While I am making my burgers I always press the center in a bit with the palm of my hand pushing more of the meat to the outside. You will need to experiment but you can make them come out level.

MD and BK use frozen patties that are thin enough that this does not matter. Additionally MD uses a clamshell cooker (think smooth Forman grill). They just throw the patties on and press a button and the top comes down. It lifts when done.

Laters,
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks