What's new

Mainstream DVDs you bought mostly for the nudity. (1 Viewer)

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Since you decided to pick on me, Colin, the answer to your question is yes, I picked up the Amadeus: Director's Cut only for the nudity. I already had the original (and generally excellent) release, so there was no reason to upgrade, as the other added scenes did nothing for me.

Every film I listed is in my collection in part or in whole because of the nudity. Some are otherwise great movies, like Lethal Weapon 2 or Boogie Nights (which I would have liked just as much with no skin), while others are abysmal, like Road to Wellville or Van Wilder (which serve no purpose for me but to show skin), but my motivation for the purchase was the same for all of them.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I'd have to list Philip Kaufman's Rising Sun as a DVD I brought mostly for the skin. An OK flick but damn they can't turn a corner without running into a woman with no clothes on (and if any film was going to coax me to try sushi, it would be this one, if you know what I mean ;) )

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
Mmm. The first edition of Amadeus was a flipper. That might be a reason to upgrade (although "extended nude scene" is a powerful selling point

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The original cut of Amadeus is actually much better than the extended cut, although the extended disc is good for the other features. :)

I remember watching the original way back when and thinking that Mrs. Mozart was pretty hot. I was pretty shocked when, 20 years later, I watched the extended cut and discovered that she actually got nekkid! Quite the novelty it was.

Fans of PJ Soles will want to pick up the new edition of Stripes, for the same effect.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
True, but picture and sound quality were excellent for a 1997 release. But, we're getting off topic. ;) :D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
For the record, I own every dvd I mentioned earlier, and I also own this one which I can't freakin believe I left off...

Poison Ivy: The New Seduction Jaime Pressley, talk about a body that would make a corpse stand up and salute!

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
LOL ..... I enjoyed perusing this thread in the spirit in which it was intended.

And NO, I've never bought a DVD because of nudity. I actually think nudity is irrelevant in most films and in some cases, distracting.

Fortunately, nudity is prevalent and accessible in my personal life so I don't have to purchase movies to see it.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
The presance of actual nudity in one's real life isn't really important here, it's the desire to see a sexy celebrity nude. Anyone can see their spouse or girlfriend naked, but how many chances do we get to see Madchen Amick in her birthday suit? :D ;)

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member

This is absolutely true! If you have "nudity" in your real life, the human condition is free and clear of "nudity" in our 'fantasy' lives. :rolleyes

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
I didn't buy but rented the R rated version of "sex and lucia" just to see paz vega naked, but unfortunatly, that version cuts out the full frontal shots.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
:laugh: Yeah, right, like that has any bearing on why men buy films with nudity in them, I'm sorry for laughing but IMO that is an extraordinarily naive and/or snide statement to make. I guarantee you that well over half of the men in this thread who posted are happily married.....that has nothing to do with it.:rolleyes:)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I didn't intend to "pick on" anyone. I thought - and still think - that it's odd to own the extended Amadeus just for its brief nude scene, but hey, if that's what does it for you, I won't criticize.

I still think that in general, this thread has turned into a roster of skin scenes, not movies that people got expressly for the nudity...

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I disagree Colin, I've mostly mentioned films that were bought for this reason....not all of course, but quite a few*...for instance I mentioned Jamie Lee Curtis' Love Letters which I first sought out for her nudity back when I was 14 but then found out that in addition to Ms. Curtis' perfect body this was actually a very good melodrama and also, IMO, features one of JLC's better performances....a...and the fact that she has an amazing amount of nudity in it.
:) I remember when she was a guest on Late Night With David Letterman in 1983 he went on & on about the shear amount of skin she shows in this film...she didn't seem very pleased with him about this and didn't guest on his show for years after!:D

*By that I mean "quite a few" of the titles I mentioned in this thread of course, not "quite a few" of the titles I actually own.....I may indeed be salacious sometimes but, man...I'd like to think that I wasn't a flat out prevert! ;)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
One film I guess I would buy strictly for the nudity (but haven't as yet) would probably be Michael Cimino's Year Of The Dragon, I never particularly found the film to be interesting on most levels but the model turned actress (who couldn't "act" her way out of a paper bag BTW) in the lead female roll, Ariane, was alluring enough for me to watch it several times on cable in the 80's whenever it was on...similar to The Beastmaster which I did buy on DVD but not just for Tanya Roberts quite nice "appearance" (I actually like the film for other campy reasons)

Which brings me to a film I definitely bought strictly for the nudity, but not as yet on DVD (I only have the VHS from the mid-80's), and that would be the film that unfairly slipped under Oscar's radar: Sheena, how in the HELL was this a PG film?:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks