What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Madame Web (2024)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Title: Madame Web (2024)

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Science Fiction

Director: S.J. Clarkson

Cast: Dakota Johnson, Sydney Sweeney, Emma Roberts, Adam Scott, Isabela Merced, Celeste O'Connor, Mike Epps, Zosia Mamet, Tahar Rahim

Release: 2024-02-14

Plot: Madame Web is a clairvoyant whose psychic abilities allow her to see within the Spider-Verse itself.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Logo

F-62VYeWYAApXX4

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It's Sony making as much use of the only superhero IP that they own -- Spider-Man and related characters -- as possible. Same as their other related spinoffs like Venom and Morbius and Kraven.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Take out the Spider-Man connected stuff and this looks like a generic Netflix movie (admittedly based on one trailer).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm more familiar with this Madame:

1700071985608.png

Always bedecked in fabulous evening wear and her "summer diamonds" ("Some are diamonds; some are not").

Last edited:

hanshotfirst1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
I’m not watching this just because of my crush in Sydney Sweeney. I have much more sophisticated reasons. Like….like….give me a minute.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'd go see one of these Sony-verse movies if it looked good.

Once again, this doesn't.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The trailer reminded me a lot of the recently cancelled CW series "Gotham Knights", both in the concept of a team of heroes adjacent to but not inclusive of the main superhero, and in terms of limited low-budget production values.

I found myself intrigued by the concept though, which felt very different than the other superhero movies we've gotten recently: Sydney Sweeney is clearly playing a young Julia Carpenter, aka the second Spider-Woman. Based on her spider costume, Celeste O'Connor is playing Mattie Franklin, aka the third Spider-Woman. That leaves Isabella Merced. Based on the goggles and Latina ethnic background, I'm guessing she's playing Anya Corazon aka Araña.

The bad guy in this case seems to want to take them out before they become superheroes, which in turn means that the title character isn't so much a superhero in her own right as someone who has to protect the spider-people of her reality. I always enjoy seeing seemingly ordinary people thrust into extraordinary circumstances.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I got my ticket...and then realized it was for Valentine's Day. Yeah, cancelled that went for Thursday the 15th instead...

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Grant me your strength, friends, for my spouse and I are going to this opening night!

The bad reviews are rolling in and, if I'm being honest, it's making me look forward to seeing this more. Sometimes you're just in a mood for a nice train wreck, non?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Have fun! My concern would be that it’s not bad enough to enjoy on that level.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Grant me your strength, friends, for my spouse and I are going to this opening night!

The bad reviews are rolling in and, if I'm being honest, it's making me look forward to seeing this more. Sometimes you're just in a mood for a nice train wreck, non?
Good luck! Your expectations seem to be in the right place. As are mine for Thursday night.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BennettKarina
Recent bookmarks