What's new

Lucky (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"The Tell"

This show is fast, funny, and just makes you want to go get on a plane and hang out with all the other dysfunctional gamblers.

We even got to see the hustling chick from a few episodes ago. She plays all the angles.

Having the fat guy and the black guy (it's from the show) get all "busted out crying" at the prospect of having loved one suffer for their gambling schemes was played up just enough to be sympathetically funny.

I definitely think John Corbett made the right choice in going with "Lucky" than to rehash his role in the TV version of MBFGW.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I'm starting to get really hooked on this show. The characters are all very likeable, and it's just a pleasure to watch it. I still wish it was an hourlong show, but half an hour will have to do I guess.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Finally saw last week's episode, and it was a stitch!

Tonight's big money night! Gotta love Texas Hold-em (no limit) poker tournaments!

Also, tonight's episode is the season(series?) finale.

James_S

Second Unit
I love this show I have only missed a couple of episodes and can't wait for tonight's show.

Hope this gets released on DVD. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Pretty good finale for a show not rooted in reality in some respects, but there are consequences for actions.

Disposing of a body on TV has never been so brutally funny and disturbing at the same time. :D

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I was just thinking about this show last night, wondering when the new season would start. :frowning:

It never found a consistent tone, and it got a little repetitive, but the overall writing, the characters and the acting kept me coming back, and I like shows about gambling. :)

Too bad they dropped it, I think it could have reached its potential the next season. But I understand it from a business persepctive.

BrianED

Auditioning
Hi fellow Lucky fans:

I started a petition a short time ago urging FX to reconsider it's decision to cancel Lucky. I unfortunately can't provide the url as I am too new to this forum (this is what I am told when I try to enter the url). Please go to petitiononline.com/luck2003/petition.html and sign it if possible.

Thanks,
Brian

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
If they had taken this cast and put them all in another show, I think it really would have taken off and been an Emmy darling.

I really enjoyed the first episode. That said, I started to lose interest in the show after a couple of episodes.

What it turned into was this: "Lucky tries to reform at the beginning of each episode...something happens...and his only solution is to go back and gamble."

It didn't exactly follow that pattern, but you get the idea.

Characters on shows may be flawed and have "demons", but the idea is that they usually change and evolve in one way or the other.

Part of me always wondered why Lucky didn't just leave Vegas and try to start a new life. As long as he was there, he was going to gamble.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks