What's new

LT150z vs. Sony 11HT (1 Viewer)

Trevor_J

Second Unit
I've done a search and I couldn't find any comparisions between these two models. I believe that this is likely due to the fact that the price range between the two is more than 'slight'. I've seen the specs on both and besides the Sony's 16x9 native panels and the LCD/DLP difference they rate pretty much the same.

I have been leaning towards the 150z but I now have the chance to pick up 11HT for a good price. Ignoring cost, which projector would you purchase based on PERFORMANCE.

I'm not trying to start a projector bashing war, I just want honest opinions.

Thanks!

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
What are you planning on watching most on your FPTV? DVD, HDTV, TV, VHS, LD? If you haven't seen the LT150z, I would try real hard to get an audition (even try business projector places), because while DLP usually gives better colors, you may be a rainbow-sufferer.

If you're going to do a nice dedicated HT, I would go with the 11HT; it provides good quality over lots of sources and has the inputs and HT features the 150 doesn't. I love my LT150, but I'd try to demo one before buying.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I'm also a LT150 owner, and I think the 11ht might be a better deal if the prices were the same. I wish the 150 was 16x9 native, an advantage that gives the 11ht a killer edge over the 150.

Both are good projectors- the LT150's main appeal is that it looks really really good for $2000ish.

If you have $5000 to spend- there might be better deals.

-Vince

Trevor_J

Second Unit
Thanks guys,

I actually plan on using it for DVD mostly with a little Satellite thrown in and maybe a little XBOX'ing.

I'm coming from a Sharpvision ZW99 so I believe that almost any new projector will be an improvement. I know that whatever I choose will give me a better picture over my ZW99 but at the same time I want the most for my money.

Both the 11HT and 150z are in my budget so I'm taking a serious look at both. My only concern is my sensitivity to the rainbow. I haven't auditioned an LT150 since I can't find one in my area, but I have liked what I've heard and seen (screen shots) of the little wonder. I did however, as a test audition a $9K CDN Seleco at a local dealer and I was able to see the the rainbow effect. Does this necessarily mean that I will be sensitive to the rainbow on the LT150 as well?

Trevor_J

Second Unit
Yes, you're right, the Sony is twice the price of the Lt150, but it is still in my price range. I am considering the two because the 11ht represents the best LCD projector for Home Theater (that I've seen) and the LT150 represents the best bang for the buck DLP projector. I'd love to go with either the Sharp 9000 or the Yamaha, but they are a bit out of my reach.

Phil

Stunt Coordinator
Trevor,

I unfortunately don't have any info for you for regarding your question...but I am hoping to get a front projector as soon as possible. I also live in the G.T.A. and was wondering what kind of price you were able to get on the 11HT? I would love to pick one up if the price was right. You can e-mail me directly if you prefer.

Thanks,

Phil

John McLean

Auditioning
Hope this helps
Click here for more info!
Find Projectors Get Bids Current Prices Search Home
PT-AE100
Check the Market
Get Bids from Dealers
Manufacturer Specifications
(show metric units)
MSRP (USD) : $ 2,995
Brightness (Lumens) : 700 ANSI
Contrast: ANSI:
Full On/Off: **
Weight: 6.0 lbs.
Size (inches) (HxWxD) : 3.4 x 11.0 x 9.6
Throw Dist (feet) : 3.9 - 24.3
Image Size (inches) : 40.0 - 200.0
Lens: Focus:
Manual
Zoom: Manual, 1.2:1
Optional Lenses: No
Digital Zoom: No
Keystone Correction: **
Lens Shift: No
Compatibility: HDTV:
1080i,720p
EDTV/480p: Yes
SDTV/480i: Yes
Component Video: Yes
Video: Yes
Digital Input: No
Personal Computers: Yes
Warranty: **
Lamp: Type:
120W UHM
Life: 2000 hours
Quantity: 1
Display: Type:
0.7" PolySi LCD (3)
Native: 858x484 Pixels
Maximum: **
Aspect Ratio: 16:9 (WVGA)
Performance:
H-Sync Range: 30.0 - 70.0kHz
V-Sync Range: 50 - 87Hz
Pixel Clock: **
Speakers: 2.0W Mono
Max Power: 180W
Voltage: 100V - 240V
FCC Class: **
Audible Noise: **
Special: **
First Ship: Pending
** this item is either not applicable, unpublished, or unknown
Comments: Lamp life extends to 5000 hours in optional low-power mode.
Product Related Information
Manufacturer
Dealers
Similar Products
Used Projectors
Projection Calculator
Reviews
Get Bids from Dealers
Current Dealer Prices
Press Releases
This projector is manufactured by Panasonic.
Click here for more info!
Send this Page to a Friend or Colleague
Buyers Guide
Product Reviews
Glossary
Suppliers for:
Rentals
Screens
Lamps
Mounts
Cases
Repairs
Leasing
Accessories
Find dealers
near you
Manufacturers
Used Projectors
School Donations
Links
Lost & Found
Projection Calc.
Login
Click for more info!
About Us Advertise Contact Us Dealer Registration Policies
Site Comments to: [email protected]
Copyright © ProjectorCentral 1999-2002

Miles_W

Second Unit
Trevor,

I am having a HTF meet at my place on the 30th of March I am in Pickering... I have a stock LT 150 that you can come see... go over to the local Meets area of the Forum and join in the conversation over there if you are interested...

Scott Holt

Agent
For the price the plv60ht from sanyo is the best. Go to avs forum and look up the sanyo and it's reviews. I have looked at them all and went with the sanyo not only because of price but pq. You'll love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomkzufomsg
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale