What's new

Loud hum from my Premier Acoustic PA-150, 8 years old, do i get it fixed or find something new? (1 Viewer)

TsunamiMike

Auditioning
Real Name
MIke
I haven't been on these forums since I got the PA-150, this was a decent sub for my large media room and has done well. Unfortunately I leave it plugged in and in the "on" position and through the night the other day I was woken by an extremely loud hum noise coming from the sub, nothing I did stopped it outside of turning it off.

With that being said I have talked to a couple of shops that have basically said it could be a capacitor, fuse or the power supply. Now being that Premier Acoustics has closed their business I am not sure what may be available, I guess the most expensive way would be to get a plate amp but like one of the shops said, "its 8 years old, what else is going to go wrong?"

So i ask the gods of sound, what would you do? Have it checked out to see what pieces and parts need to be swapped, swap the plate amp or just get a new sub?

I cannot find schematics on the PA-150 to see what parts would be interchangeable so if you know what capacitor, power supply or plate amp that would work i am all ears. Also, I haven't checked into Subwoofers in 8 years so if the answer is replace it, what would you suggest?

I have a friend that likes there Klipsch R-12SW but he has a different room setup than mine. My room is 15.5' wide and 38' long but truly the in ceiling speakers stop at about 14'. Thank you in advance!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
A side question, why did you leave it set to "On" instead of "Auto"?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks