What's new

LOST season 2 discussion thread...... (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Still a bit of a head-scratcher, plus the coincidence tying in with Jack's flashback of how he met Sarah is really straining credulity.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I guess you have to chalk it up to fate:)

I wonder how long and why Desmond's been there. He and Jack must have met (easily) less than a decade ago so he wouldn't be part of the French Woman's team.

And that's exactly what I'm talking about. They give me some answers but also give me more stuff to wonder about. That's the fun of the show for me.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Well...that season premiere was quite interesting...

For all the nattering nabobs of negativity out there, we finally found out that the "flashbacks" have relevancy to what it is going on. We found out that there are things on the island that are directly tied to those flashbacks...

...or did we? ;)

I have about a million more questions than I had before.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
(Not doing this episode spoilers - west coasters should watch the episode before showing up and getting details prematurely).

Well, they did try to fill in the blanks with Desmond's training for a race around the world.

Mike Selis

Grip
I will have to watch the opener episode another few times to get all of the details. It has been a very long day and I know that I missed some major element of the story line.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
FYI...

I am beginning to wonder if these "flashbacks" are even real anymore...or merely hallucinations...

I am wondering if the survivors of the crash were rescued, taken to a hospital and are all currently unconscious and recovering in an ICU somewhere...and the morphine drips are taking their toll...

EricW

Senior HTF Member

i thought the patient that Jack treated was the woman he ended up marrying? if so, i'd guess the flashback was from maybe 5 years ago?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The whole "Desmond" thing was pretty well telegraphed in advance by their discussion in the stadium.

And in 42 minutes, we couldn't even touch on the status of the raft people? Looks to be more of the same as last season: making multiple episodes out of what should easily be covered in one.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
As soon as we met Desmond, I somehow knew he was going to be the guy, considering the lengths they went to not show his face.

Hopefully, we will see where this goes next week. I say hopefully, because the writers like to be obtuse.

Jason

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

It's more or less the same as if they did it as a two parter. However, this way we see the situation with the hatch and then in the next episode we see the situation with raft instead of going back and forth and spreading both stories over two episodes. And I'm just guessing but I assume episode three will then cover both stories.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I thought it was a pretty solid episode. It revealed a lot of information about the hatch, and generated many more questions. I thought the opening was brilliant, and the use of the flashback to not only physically connect to the island (Desmond), but also to the theme of fate (Jack's future wife) was strong. I'm sure the naysayers will still be complaining, but I'm happy. I do agree that last season would have been even better had it ended with this episode.

Can't wait until next week.

SpenceJT

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Spencer
One word
Nanobots

This is the only way to explain the monster, described by Locke as a column of black smoke which dragged him through the jungle

It also explains the miraculous recovery of Jack's future fiancee - badly damaged spine repaired by nanobots?

Heck, perhaps nanobots brought down the airplane, created or moved Charlie's guitar?

of course this does nothing to explain the cursed numbers, the weird psychic's instance in sending the pregnant girl on the flight.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I thought it was a very solid premiere. People wanted to know what was in the hatch. Well they know now. However now you want more answers. Plus anyone else realize

The Qaurentine sign was on the inside of the Hatch door? Whats being Quarentined outside?

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Well said Joey! That has me nervous, :)

I loved the opening sequence. Did anyone else think it was either Jack, Sawyer, or a younger Locke at first? Was he shooting up insulin or something else?

I loved the light explanation.

Good idea about the race Patrick... it makes sense.

Best show on television!

Ryan

nanobites!
:emoji_thumbsup:

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt

For some reason I also thought that Desmond was the guy in the hatch.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
For all you "detail" people...

The little "vial" of fluid that Desmond injects himself with at the beginning has the following written on it CR 4-81516-23 42

You will all note that the numbers that Hurley heard from the guy in the mental hospital (and used on his lottery ticket), the numbers that were on the outside of the hatch, and the numbers that were heard on the "looping" radio signal the French woman sent out were:

4-8-15-16-23-42

Also of note: when Desmond opens up his "gun cabinet" at the beginning of the episode, the last two digits on the combination lock are 23 and 42.

Hmmm...interesting...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
After a while, the numerology aspect just gets too predictable and fades in the background for me. It's like I just know they will always find a way to shoehorn those numbers into the episodes, and it almost becomes self-parodying when it doesn't need to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks