What's new

Looking for some advice ( Speaker Setup ) (1 Viewer)

a1uc

Auditioning
Real Name
Rodney Ulbrich
I was hoping to get some input on my setup ,

63" Samsung Plasma PN63B550
Marantz SR6003 AV Receiver

HSU Research VTF-3 MK3 Subwoofer
KEF IQ60 Center
KEF IQ 90 Fronts
KEF IQ30 Rears

The problem I have is the rear speakers do not have any mounting options .

The room that they are in has a ledge 45" off the floor and the ledge is 7" deep
which the rear of the couch is tight against

I am thinking since they are rears , maybe I can just move them to my office on the other side of the wall and use them for music .

So can anybody recommend a good rear speaker that can be mounted up in the corner ?

Or give me any advice .

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
In a 5.1 setup, the rears are actually more to the side, and maybe line up just behind the head. So, if there's nowhere to mount them like that, get a pair of stands, and put them at the ends of the sofa, as close to the wall as possible. That will work fine. In my old house, that's how mine were, and they sounded very good. The calibration of the speakers will take care of their position sound.

a1uc

Auditioning
Real Name
Rodney Ulbrich
The center of tweeter on the fronts is 34.5 " And the rears sitting on the ledge are 56.5 "
now they say you want the rears higher up , but I really think if I get some stands and make the center of the tweeter as close to 34.5 " like the front It would sound better .

Also when I first setup the system I let the receiver adjust the speakers with the included Microphone and a tri-pod , and wasn't happy so I set them up with a sound level meter and

I don't know if its just me but I thought they sounded more even .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks