What's new

Looking for a Universal Remote (1 Viewer)

ToddP

Stunt Coordinator
I've always wanted a Pronto, but I can't afford the high end options. I just read up on the Harmony remotes a bit, and they look pretty good. I'm trying to decide between the Pronto TSU-3000 and the Harmony 880. Does anyone have any experience with these remotes? Any suggestions or advice? Thanks a lot.

Dean_S

Second Unit
You can't go wrong with any of the Harmonys. They are easy to program and anyone can learn to use it within a few minutes. I'm not saying the Pronto is not a damn good remote , just that the Harmonys are more user friendly and easier to program.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I agree with Dean. Very easy to set up, and very high WAF.

I had been drooling over Prontos for a year or so thinking of all the possibilities until I saw the review of the Harmony remotes on RemoteCentral.com. It made me realize that I didn't want to turn remote control programming into a full-time hobby, which seems to be what it takes with the Prontos. Instead, an hour using the setup wizard is about all you need.

I have a 659 which I bought about 2.5 years ago (I think) and my wife loves it. I set up a 659 for my technophobe aunt and uncle and they have not had any problems. My dad just got a 688 (which I set up). My parents love it.

The Harmonys have the easiest combination of setup and usability with the wizards, pre-designed 1-touch functionality and component state memory. And I found great prices on Harmony models at SurfRemote.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks