What's new

I'm looking for an Android app that can control my Sony amp just volume up and down? Any ideas? (1 Viewer)

Gobshite

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
I'm looking for an Android app that can control my Sony amp just volume up and down? Any ideas?

I have a Sony amplifier and I've lost my remote. Sony RM-S325. About 5 years ago I downloaded a universal remote control app on my phone and it found the Sony amp straight away, I'm trying to do the same today I've downloaded about 50 different Android apps and none of them will find it.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You don't provide the model # of the receiver. If it has a WiFi or ethernet connection, there's probably a control app from Sony.

Gobshite

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
My amp is an old Sony TA-FE330R with infra red only. Pretty niche question that only someone using an Android app as remote would know

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Even though [unfortunately] it isn't being actively developed anymore, I've used this app for over 10 years to control my entire HT. Worth a shot.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Even though [unfortunately] it isn't being actively developed anymore, I've used this app for over 10 years to control my entire HT. Worth a shot.
John, how does that work? How is the IR radiated unless you have a blaster?

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
John, how does that work? How is the IR radiated unless you have a blaster?
My Galaxy Tab S was one of the last to get a built-in blaster but there are external options available for newer devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks