What's new

Longest wait between seasons on DVD (1 Viewer)

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Looking back at all the starts and stops some series have gone through, I was wondering what the longest wait between releases for shows have been.

Surely, King of the Hill wins so far, with 8 years between seasons 6 and 7. Of course, The Bob Newhart Show also had an 8 year wait between season 4 and the complete series set in 2014.

WKRP took 7 years between the horrible Fox season 1 and the full series release/season 2. Welcome Back, Kotter also took over 7 years between seasons 1 and 2.

What else took too long to get un-stalled? And has anything beaten KOTH and Bob's 8 year gap?

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
SWAT-Season 1, released June 2003
SWAT-Season 2, released May 2012

8 years 11 months there!

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Hill St. Blues, Seasons 1&2 released in 2006, Complete set 2014. I believe that ties KOTH and Bob Newhart.

mrz7

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Zuncic
On my two holy grail shows:

"Knots Landing":

Season 1 (Released in March 2006)......3 years later.......Season 2 (Released in April 2009).........Next seasons (3-14).....Wait for it.......still waiting........Wait for it :) .......Wait for it.......still waiting......WTF..........OMG.....it's almost 2016 and I'm STILL WAITING!!!! UGGGHHH!!!!

Now....."The Drew Carey Show":

Season 1 (Released in March 2007).......Next seasons (2-9).....Wait for it........Waiting :) ......Still Waiting ......OK......ditto on the comment above :(

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
We had an 8-year dry spell on Hart to Hart, between Sony's second-season release in 2006 and Shout!'s third-season release in 2014 (Shout! finished the series, of course).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks