What's new

LG LHB335 (1 Viewer)

rdonnel1

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan Donnelly
Hey guys I have a quick newbie question...

I just purchased the LG LHB335 HTS and it should be arriving in the next couple days. I have a 32 inch LG HDTV to go with it also. Now I want to hook up my xbox 360, comcast hd cable box, and the blu ray player it comes with to the system. My question is what is the best way to hook all this stuff up? The system has the following inputs/outputs:

-HDMI In/Out

-2 Digital Audio In (Optical)

-Component Video Out

-Composite Video Out

TIA

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Does the LG LHB335 pass through HDMI audio and video to the TV? If yes, then connect your cable box via HDMI to the LG LHB335. Connect the LG LHB335 via HDMI to the TV. You will have to connect your Xbox directly to the TV for video and to the LG LHB335 with an optical cable for audio because you audio system doesn't have enough video inputs. You can use an HDMI switch if you want more HDMI inputs though.

JimBoCol

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
Hello,

I have a similar setup with the exceptions of my Dish Network box is not HD, but has RCA outputs, and I am not attempting to hook up my XBox 360.

I have the Theater system hooked up via HDMI to the TV and it plays disks perfect, and it sounds great. My TV is currently hooked up with the coaxial cable from the Dish Reciever to the Coaxial input on the TV, and the Red, Yellow, and White RCA cables from the Dish Reciever to the TV. To get Cable, I change the TV input to Aux1, and to get Netflix, and Blu-Ray, I change the TV Input to HDMI1

I tried to hook up RCA cables, (Red and White for Audio) from the Dish reciever to the Theater system, and change the input on the Theater sysem to Aux, I get the sound of the cable TV through the speakers, but all I get on the screen is a message telling me that I can use the Aux to enjoy audio from external devices though the speakers, but no picture. When I attach the Red, Yellow, and white (for audio and video), I get a picture, but the sound is through the TV, and not the theater system.

How can I get a picture on the TV, and the sound through the Theater system. I am rather a novice at this, so if anyone responding would be so kind as to offer detailed instructions on how to accomplish this, I would be very grateful.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I keep getting a message about an update, and when I let it go for it, I get a message that no update is available, and to check my network settings, and then try again. I know they are correct because I can stream Netflix without any issues.

Thanks,

Jim.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks