What's new

LG C1 -> Sony A/V Receiver = no sound (1 Viewer)

turok911

Auditioning
Real Name
Turok
Hello everyone!

I have a 77" LG C1 TV and a Sony STR-DH770 A/V Receiver. For the love of god, I can't get the sound from the TV to the receiver.

I connected the HDMI-2 (ARC) on the C1 to the HDMI TV OUT/ARC on the Sony. Then I select TV for input on the Sony. On the C1 I go into Sound Settings and select HDMI Out (ARC device). And nothing happens, there's no sound. Also, there's no ARC icon displayed on the receiver (I read in the manual that it should) and the Sony is not recognized in the Dashboard of the C1. It just says HDMI-2 input. If I enter the menu on the Sony, it's showed on the TV. So the receiver is sending the video signal to the TV, but the TV is NOT sending an Audio signal to the receiver.

What am I doing wrong?
Cables are High Speed HDMI

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Cables are High Speed HDMI
That might not be sufficient. "High Speed" hdmi is a very generic term. They need to be at least 18Gb/s.

Or, you could just use an optical cable.

Last edited:

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Is CEC enabled on the Sony? That would be my first guess.

1664904280449.png

turok911

Auditioning
Real Name
Turok
That might not be sufficient. "High Speed" hdmi is a very generic term. They need to be at least 18Gb/s.

Or, you could just use an optical cable.
The cables are 2.0, plus if I connect a laptop to the Sony, I can play the videos on my TV with audio coming out of the receiver/speakers.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Looks like it might be a firmware issue. Last year people were reporting the same problem at LG's subreddit.

EDIT: some people on that same sub reported using a Lindy HDMI CEC Less Adaptor worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks