What's new

La Femme Nikita WILL get a Season 2 set (1 Viewer)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
I would love a copy also.

Gregg, I will be on the look-out on tuesday. If I hear/see anything I will give you a buzz or PM. Anyone else who wants to join the hunt or hears anything, PM me for my #

I will be at BB, at 10:00 A.M. PST, tuesday morning. I will check this thread before I head out. I pm'ed you my number.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Zen,

I got your PM. Thank you!! Please call me if / when you see a copy.

Gregg

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Please, anyone who finds themselves a copy, post it here.
It doesn't look hopeful, as at the BB location my brother works, normally they would already be in back. They never received shipment.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I have received e-mails over the weekend from a couple of Best Buy stores (locations weren't named) that got stock in and are planning to put it out on Tuesday, since they got no recall notice. I'm sure such notice would arrive toda, though.

I would be interested in getting one of these myself, but I wouldn't spend enormous amounts of money on it.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
Assuming a BB has copies and no recall order, would the set be on the shelf when the doors open ?

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Search half.com

I can't guarantee that any of the offers are legit, but I have done business with one of the listed vendors on many occasions in the past, so I ordered a set over the weekend...got the confirmation on Monday.

It might still fall through, of course, but I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed!

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I have one top rule to eBay: don't bid too high EVER! Too many OOP items go for way too much due to bidding frenzy. So I hope lucky Nikta fans find season 2 in the stores.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
The sad thing is that this is just DELAYED right now, not CANCELLED. The people bidding on sets could be a bit ticked if WB clears up the problem and the sets are in stores in a few months.

Gord

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Well, my wife called a couple of the local Best Buy stores this morning, and was told that they did receive copies of the set but had also received a recall notice. Therefore, the stores would not be placing the product on the shelf for sale.

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Just got back from Best Buy here in W. Texas (was there at opening time) and found FIVE copies of "La Femme Nikita", Season 2 on the shelf...

got my copy, went back inside to see how long the rest would last and saw a manager type draging a coupla of blue shirts around the DVD area -

"Look, they were NOT supposed to be put out! I don't care what the ad stocking sheet says.. now FIND THEM. You only put them out a few minutes ago, they should still be here..."

Jim Pattison

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up a copy at a store here in Toronto that shall remain nameless. They're not known for their deep discount pricing, but even so, I was a bit taken aback to see them charging full MSRP. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided it would be easier to put them out for full price - knowing they'd sell out in short order - than to send them back. If that's the case, it worked - I got the last copy on the shelf. ("Recall notice? No, I don't think we ever got a recall notice. What was that title again?")

So here's the question. For all those who found a copy and have started watching it, why was the set recalled? Let the speculation begin!

ZackR

Supporting Actor
Guys,

A local store had some copies and I got an extra one for Gregg and dropped it in the mail to him today, so he should be set.

BTW, the local store got the recall notice, but a friend said that until the manager says otherwise, they leave stuff on the shelves. :) :emoji_thumbsup:

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
Has anyone spotted this set in central Ohio? I had no luck with Best Buy, FYE or any of the online retailers (I didn't bother checking Circuit City, Wal-Mart or Target). I've been looking forward to this for months, only to be disappointed with a last-second recall notice. I can't bring myself to pay ~$200 for this on eBay or Amazon. :frowning:

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys

Zack, thank you so much!!!!

BTW, I just talked to the president of the LFN Fan Club, who has been on vacation and was not aware of the recall!!! Ill post more when I hear more,

Regards

Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks