What's new

La Femme Nikita WILL get a Season 2 set (1 Viewer)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
In conjunction with the Season 1 thread located here:

La Femme Nikita Season 1 DVD

It appears we will get a season 2 near July 04. Old news probably to people who frequent the tvshowsondvd site. Worth an annoucement here though.

Side Note: Thank you David

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
I saw this one as well at circuit city today and was wondering about if it is something I would like.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I was considering checking out this series myself... sounds like a show I may like... but the price is kinda up there to make a blind buy.

I like shows such as Alias & 24... then also stuff like Smallville, Buffy, Angel, Dark Angel and so on... I see this set is like $75 at deepdiscountdvd.com... should I give it a chance?

Scott_F_S

Second Unit
Pete, I just purchased LFN S1 and the West Wing S1 from Columbia House. They have a deal going right now where you buy two TV sets for $9.95 total, then you have to buy four DVDs over the next two years.

Neither of these are sets I would have purchased normally even though both held some interest for me because of the buzz surrounding them. But with the Columbia House deal, I decided to go for it.

Guess my point is that if you have any interest at all, CH might be the way to go. I really don't see how this is not a good deal, even if you don't like the show. You can always sell LFN on E-BAy for about $45 if you don't like it -- which would finance a couple of those later fulfillment DVDs.

Just to let you know, I'm three eps into the West Wing and I really like it thus far. I'll get to LFN later.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Thanks for the info Scott... I don't get along to good with columbia house myself. West Wing is another show I was considering getting into. I heard allot of good things about it.

MikeAB

Grip
Digital bits is reporting lfn season 2 has been cancelled until further notice. This was one set that I had really been looking forward to buying. It's already been one year since season 1 was released so hopefully whatever the problem will be resolved shortly. Very disappointing.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
:angry:

Ugh, I started watching this show, on the cable channel Oxygen last year, and quickly got hooked on it, but with only 3 or 4 episodes left on season 1, they replaced it with extra showings of Xena, Oxygen claimed they would be bringing the show back at some point, but they waited several months and then only ran a few episodes before the show vanished yet again :thumbsdown:

I recently picked up, the DVD set for Season 1 and placed a pre-order for Season 2, thinking I would have it to start watching once I was done with the first set. This really really sucks!

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter

If it's been canceled, Warner sure is doing a poor job to contain it. A new press release announcing the title went out just a few weeks ago, and review copies have been sent out. I got mine last week--final product--and my wife is already on Disc 3.

It's still listed on the Warner press site as a July 20 release. Nothing is there about its being canceled.

If this is truly canceled, it looks like it's going to be another Ed Wood, because retailers already have stock.

Ray_Gootz

Stunt Coordinator
Tons of copies here in NYC if it really is cancelled I should buy it BUT I've never seen it and it is expensive. Still I could probably re-sell it for profit.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Actually, it depends on how you look it up, Randy. One example: Just search (using the field at the top) on the word "Nikita", and you'll only get results for S1 and the S1/S2 combo. S2 by itself is missing. I presume the combo will also be recalled, but they overlooked trying to remove that entry. If you go into the combo's entry, then the link to S1 is active, but even though the S2 individual title is mentioned, they've removed the hyperlink to the S2 individual listing.

I've got calls and e-mails in to Warner and I'm trying to get the info. Trouble is, most folk are probably at the VSDA show (which is where Gord is).

In the meantime, I'm getting lots of e-mails from readers who say "it's not cancelled, I saw it in a store". I have to explain to them about street-date breaking.

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter

At the time I posted last night, I double-checked Nikita S2 at the Warner site. It was indeed missing if you did a general search, but all links to it from the other entries, S1 and the combo, were still active, as were all press releases and materials.

Between then and when you checked, they removed all links, as you found, David. So something obviously is up.

But, again, they're doing a really poor job of containing this, especially since the removal of the links has not been accompanied (so far) by a note that the set has been canceled. Why not just have a page explaining that the title has been delayed if one searches for it on the site?

This set will be available widely. Profiteers and fans alike will be competing for those copies that are mistakenly put out.

florence franks

Stunt Coordinator
GRRR! RIP Nikita. Well given how much of struggle getting S2 out was I guess it does not matter much . What would one more season bring when was 3 more that would never happen. The sales for S2 would have had to be incredible. I dont know why was plagued with hardship though its good show, shame.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys

Please post here if you see Season 2 on the shelfs. Best buy is advertising it in this weeks sunday flyer.

Thanks

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I'm assuming this didn't have anything to do with finances or sales of season 1 as the money was already spent. To recall them at this point, it would have had to be a copyright problem or a huge mastering error.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
PLEASE HELP ME!!

If you see a copy of Season 2 please call me at 201 232 3380 (then buy it for me if I cant find it myself). Please also buy a copy for yourself.

I have the Director / Producer (Larry Hertzog) coming by my home on Wednesday. He is in Maine on vacation and wanted to come by and say hi. He is a client of mine in LA.

I will pay for my copy and as a thank you, I will have the copy you buy autographed by Larry also.

Sound fair??

AGAIN, PLEASE HELP ME!!

Thanks
Gregg
201 232 3380

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks