What's new

Known Issues With The Migration (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Sumnernor said:
All under members.
with it for example Ockeghem
without it fot example Sumnernor
They are under everyone's name, except the account you are logged in as because it doesn't make sense to friend yourself or send yourself a message. When I go to my profile I don't see them for those reasons, but when I go to your profile I do:

sumnernor.PNG

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sumner means Post #58.

EDIT: I went to that thread and started looking around. Post #67 was made by someone without a UserID...but that post is quoted just a few posts later (Post #72) and attributed to a "bob gassel."

Posts #95, 98 & 99 (and maybe a whole bunch more--I didn't bother to check all 27 pages of that thread) are also represented by a "Guest__*". I'm not going to keep looking...but something funky must've been going on there. Ron frequented that thread...maybe he knows something.

My kneejerk reaction is if any of the members who posted in that thread wanted to reestablish their UserID, they should reach out on their own and contact an administrator.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I see it now, the first post as guest is pst 67 in that L&H topic.My confusion comes from Sumner stated the wrong post number in a diffent topic.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Sumnernor said:
Post 56 is still not fixed:

Guest__* should be tony bensley
I don't see him in the user database. I wonder if he was an early FB Connect user on Huddler? Either way he is the only user I have heard about this happening to and not been able to find an account. I found another guest post that is quoting him so maybe there is another too? Not sure what happened there. Tony, if you see this send and email to support 'at' hometheaterforum.com and we will see if we can look you up by email address and get your posts back to you.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Adam Gregorich said:
It magically happens automatically. Just past the link from Vimeo or YouTube and it is embedded automatically. No need to hit the video button
Just an FYI: I posted two links in THIS POST and they stayed links. Maybe that's because I changed the text to which I pasted the links? EDIT: I have now edited that post so that the videos appear.

Let me try to post them here with the original link text and see what happens:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I see. You don't even need to add the actual link to the text. You just paste the text into the body of the post and the video appears after you've hit "post."

That's different.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Aaron Silverman said:
Where do I go to bitch and moan about the inferior site navigation?
If by that you mean "Where do I go to provide insight and positive feedback about how to improve site navigation," Aaron, I think this thread will do. :rock:

The powers that be are following all of the threads now running in the Feedback Forum.

You know how strongly I feel about site navigation. Normally, I would have started my own thread on the subject already.

Tell you what. I'll run it by Adam and see if they want a separate thread on nav issues. Stay tuned.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks