What's new

Known Issues With The Migration (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Mike Frezon said:
I am using Firefox 12 at both home and work on machines running Windows XP and Windows 7. Both combos always place my cursor under the quote box. Not sure why it's a problem for you. What are you using, Sumner?
I am running IE 10 and it puts my cursor above the box, but I can still click below it and paste text like this.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Placing issues in one giant thread makes it hard for us to keep track of them and make sure they get addressed. If you have a bug or something you want to see can you please file a ticket with us? http://www.hometheaterforum.com/tracker/ We don't want anything to fall through the cracks. If it is a bug, please put your browser and OS in the ticket so we don't have to track you down later :)

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
Mike Frezon said:
I am using Firefox 12 at both home and work on machines running Windows XP and Windows 7. Both combos always place my cursor under the quote box. Not sure why it's a problem for you. What are you using, Sumner?
I am using FF 19.0.2 with XP

I have just tried with Post 105. If I don't eliminate anything from the QUOTE function, the cursor can go under field. But if I delete everything under the 1st line of the quote, then the cursor cannot go below.

If I delete all the lines below the first line of the quote except the very last line, the cursor can go below.

If I delete all the non.blank info of the last line, the cursor can go below.

If I delete all the lines below the first line of the quote except the very last line and then delete ALL of the last line then the cursor CANNOT go below.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Mike Frezon said:
I see. You don't even need to add the actual link to the text. You just paste the text into the body of the post and the video appears after you've hit "post."

That's different.
And easy. Just paste the link and it auto embeds, you don't need to format the text to add a hyperlink. Just copy/paste :)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Aaron Silverman said:
Where do I go to bitch and moan about the inferior site navigation?
Id rather you have suggestions that just bitching. We have a few things in the hopper to make it better, they are a couple of days out, so its a know issue and we are working on it. In the meantime you can use the category menu on the top bar or user the Forum Nav buttons on the top and bottom of the screen.

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
Another error. If I am on page 6 of a 7 page thread and on page 6 hit quote for a post, that quote will go to the end of page 6 NOT page 7-

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sumnernor said:
Another error. If I am on page 6 of a 7 page thread and on page 6 hit quote for a post, that quote will go to the end of page 6 NOT page 7-
That actually pretty much worked that way under the Huddler software, too.

if you are on page 6 of a 7 page thread...and want to quote something from page six (but still see what's posted on page 7)...you should click "Multi-Quote."

Then, you'll get a cool little box in the lower right-hand corner of your screen. Navigate to page 7 (the box will follow you). If you decide to quote two other posts, also hit multi-quote. When ready to post, click on the little box and all quotes will appear in your replay. If you decide to only quote the one post from page six, the workflow is the same--click the box and the one quote will appear in your reply box.

I really like the multi-quote feature in this software. VERY intuitive.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Should I be getting a "can't connect to server" message when using Tapatalk? Oops, I see it's already addressed.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
RobertR said:
Should I be getting a "can't connect to server" message when using Tapatalk? Oops, I see it's already addressed.
Yes as we don't have the tapatalk extensions installed at the moment. Try using the mobile skin, it works really well If it doesn't automatically load on your device look for the link in the lower left corner that says change theme and select IP.Board Mobile

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Sumnernor said:
Thanks Mike. Sumnernor, this is how it worked previously.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Professor Echo said:
Is there a way to skip to the last page of a thread on the mobile version? All I can see are NEXT and PREVIOUS buttons. ???
That and it would be nice to have a quick-and-easy way to either jump (from the bottom) back to the top for forum nav or simply have forum nav items duped at the bottom. _Man_

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Not sure if this has been reported yet or not, but if a post ends with a quoted section when you try to edit that post you cannot get below the quote to add new content. This happens with both editors.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
ManW_TheUncool said:
That and it would be nice to have a quick-and-easy way to either jump (from the bottom) back to the top for forum nav or simply have forum nav items duped at the bottom._Man_
You want this in the mobile version, correct - as it's already in the desktop skin.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Dave Upton said:
Sam - I was able to get below myself. I just had to press Enter a few times. Can you try that for me?
OK, that works but is non obvious. Should be able to get below that quote using the down arrow.

Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks