What's new

Klipsch versus Paradigm, Revel (1 Viewer)

Snyd

Auditioning
Real Name
Geoffrey
I posted this question on another site forum and got some great feedback so I’ll run this by everyone here. Before the question, I’ll offer a little background info.

I’ll be 70 this year and I started playing music (drums, guitar, etc.) in 1959. Needless to say, I have tinnitus with serious hearing loss and wear hearing aids. My HT has all Klipsch speakers with the exception of 2-JL Audio Fathom 113’s. I must say that I am happy with my current set-up but I am always wondering if I can make it better, given my hearing issues.

My current set-up is:
Projector: JVC RS600U (calibrated)
Screen: Stewart Filmscreen 123" Studiotek G130
Receiver: Onkyo TX NR3030
Disc Player: Oppo 203 and Oppo 103
Mains: Klipsch RF-7 ll's
Center: Klipsch RC-64 ll
Subs: 2 - JL Audio Fathom 113's
Surrounds: Klipsch R-62's
Rear Surrounds: Klipsch R-5650-Sll's
Overheads: 4 – Klipsch R-5650-Sll's

I have Revel, Klipsch, and Paradigm speakers in my tv room and I wonder if the Revel or Paradigm would be better in my HT. Some of my feedback suggested I get better hearing aids and keep the speakers I have and that actually makes sense; but if I can get a better sound experience by changing speakers I am also open to that. I am not an audiophile, but I am a HT lover and I think Klipsch makes an excellent HT speaker. They now have the RF-7 lll speaker which is supposed to have better upper range clarity. Could I tell the difference? Could I tell the difference with Paradigm Studios or Prestige, or Revel Performa’s?

Does anyone have any experience with these as compared to Klipsch for a home theater?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks