What's new

Kirk Douglas Passed Away at 103! (1 Viewer)

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Gave us so much entertainment during his lifetime! I'll be watching Detective Story and Spartacus tonight.

R.I.P.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Quite apart from his career achievements, 103 is something to be proud of. Just the other day I watched him in The Heroes Of Telemark. I'll watch another of his films tomorrow.

Last edited:

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Can't complain to the big guy when he gives a loved one 103 years.

Will be watching "The Strange Love of Martha Ivers" tonight...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Hard to ask for a better run than 103! Truly one of the all time great movie stars.

My mother used to be the home nurse for two of his sisters, Fritzi Becker and Ruth Greenstein. He grew up in Amsterdam, NY -- a couple exits west of Albany on the Thruway. He moved to New York City after college, but most of his family stayed local.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
8DC88F01-6041-4BB1-83D8-14A4731C6B73.jpeg D1C7F879-C8B5-4D88-BDB9-FC23756C4192.jpeg

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Was literally just last night marveling that Kirk was somehow still with us even after more than a century. Holy shit.

Ace in the Hole
. That's my pick for best Kirk right there.

"How'd you like to make yourself a thousand dollars a day, Mr. Boot? I'm a thousand-dollar-a-day newspaperman. You can have me for nothin'."

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I also thought of him last night. And of Dame Olivia, now the last holdout from that era.
RIP, Mr. D. You showed great courage till the end.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
He'll be missed . Loved him in The Vikings , Lonely Are Ther Brave , and The Champion among others . At one point almost turned into a punch-line by a bunch of stupid impressionists , he was underrated as an actor and has become an icon . RIP.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
What a terrible loss, but what an amazing life! I've loved Kirk Douglas in everything I've ever seen him do. He had the ability to elevate whatever production he was associated with to another level, just by being himself. The guy is/was a legend, and nothing less. I'll spin up The Bad and the Beautiful, Spartacus, and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea this week, in his honor. Thanks for it all, Kirk!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Prayers for his family, a true LEGEND of a golden age, thank you for your craft, as the title of one of his own films , his life in many ways mirrors it, Paths of Glory, many paths, i am glad you chose to share one of those paths with us on the silver screen. Rest in Peace.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
In my personal salute to Kirk Douglas, I'll be watching my Blu-ray of "The Bad and the Beautiful" today.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
What a terrible loss, but what an amazing life! I've loved Kirk Douglas in everything I've ever seen him do. He had the ability to elevate whatever production he was associated with to another level, just by being himself. The guy is/was a legend, and nothing less. I'll spin up The Bad and the Beautiful, Spartacus, and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea this week, in his honor. Thanks for it all, Kirk!

And he deserves credit immensely, IMO, for being the father of an actor who has been (and continues to be) a huge part of why one 70s ABC police/detective series has been worth it on DVD-- Michael Douglas, of The Streets of San Francisco.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks