What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

KA-POW! The Official "Unofficial" DC/Marvel Animated Movies & Shows Thread (1 Viewer)

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
Here in the UK Ultimate Spider-Man has started it's run on DisneyXD.
Ten minutes was enough - juvenile claptrap clearly aimed at three year olds. Absolutely dire, I couldn't see any redeeming features at all, the villains had the right images but were animated and behaved like Team Rocket out of Pokemon. The same for Spidey, in between cracking jokes at the audience.
And they're ending the Avengers series in favour of making a replacement along the same lines, except for the Hulk who is apparently getting his own with "Agents of SMASH" which sound slike an advertisement for instant mashed potato mix.
Good grief.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
The new AVENGERS cartoon is being called, AVENGERS ASSEMBLE and I have heard rumors it'll be along the lines of SPIDER-MAN while the HULK cartoon will be aimed at an older audience. Then, I read just the opposite, so one of them will be worth watching, the other one will not. I still say this is the doing of Disney owning the company now, something we all feared from the start. Well, at least there's still DC, yet, I read they are putting TEEN TITANS back into production, but aiming it at kiddies. They made some shorts on the Titans that aired between GREEN LANTERN and YOUNG JUSTICE and this new series will be like that. Tiny bodies, big heads, and situations 4 year olds can relate to. This is why anime will always be superior to American animation. Three of those Marvel Anime series were awesome!

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
For those curious GREEN LANTERN and YOUNG JUSTICE: INVASION are off for the summer. Both will be back, though, in the Fall.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Well, if anybody doubted whether THE AVENGERS: EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES had been cancelled in favor of Marvel's new in-house produced series coming out next year, AVENGERS ASSEMBLE, here's the proof. It hits on 9/25. This is the first 13 eps of Season 2. Not sure when the final 13 eps will air, either in the Fall or early next year. Below is early package art. [/COLOR]

078e434d_525001_141613875974743_1571746047_n.jpeg

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]New clip from this Sunday's episode. Now, this is why most people hate this show. You're about to see some sight gags here, but I gotta admit THIS ONE is actually funny.[/COLOR]

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Cover art for BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS: PART 1

Release Date: 10/23

a7d32a0e_IMG_6191.jpeg

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Go here to see some guest shots from upcoming characters on GREEN LANTERN: THE ANIMATED SERIES.

Go here to see highlights of upcoming events on YOUNG JUSTICE: INVASION.

Go here to see previews of some shorts coming to DC NATION.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Ya know, if the new Marvel animated movies are at the same quality as what we already have (especially the mind-numbing Invincible Iron Man and Doctor Strange), then they can keep them. These movies have been consistently way below the DC versions, with few exceptions (All-Star Superman was terrible while I really like the two Ultimate Avengers flicks).

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I agree, if the animation isn't equal to, or better than, the DC ones, forget it. I suspect they won't be like that, though. Just by what I have seen with ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN, the animation on that show IS literally better than anything DC has pumped out so far. Right now, I am cautiously optimistic. I hope the new X-MEN one is better than WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN. The action animation on that one was terrible.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED is coming back to TV! It premieres on the CW network, Saturday, August 25th at 9:30 am!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Looks like it will be preceeded by Iron Man Armored Adventures. The Tivo description doesn't say if this is a new series (highly unlikely) or reruns of the old (likely). The original air date is back in 2004.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
GREEN LANTERN and YOUNG JUSTICE: INVASION both return September 29th!!

Airing on The Hub channel, starting 9/17 is THE NEW BATMAN ADVENTURES, the 1997 companion show to BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES. All 24 episodes, 2 per day, starting at 7PM. No Friday airings though.

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
Thank goodness for Young Justice. We haven't got Green Lantern here in the UK but it sounds good. I'm currently thoroughly enjoying the premieres of the second season of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
It'll be a sad day when that turns into a copy of the juvenile dreck that is Ultimate Spiderman. That might be barely watchable, in a Pokemon-esque kind of way (the way the villain's eyes turn into spirals is lifted right off Team Rocket) but having Spidey constantly break the fourth wall to crack lame jokes is the final straw,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sbaker1991
Recent bookmarks