What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

KA-POW! The Official "Unofficial" DC/Marvel Animated Movies & Shows Thread (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
http://www.amazon.com/Justice-League-Blu-ray-UltraViolet-Digital/dp/B005SH63KG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327967863&sr=8-1http://www.hometheaterforum.com/image/id/811063/width/600/height/600

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Temporary cover art for their next title. Summer release:

860a0bd2_blucover.jpeg

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, I'm okay with that cover art if they change Superman's cape. It looks like it goes on forever and it's just silly.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I don't like that weird bulge in his gut. They need to get rid of that, too.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
REMINDER: GREEN LANTERN: THE ANIMATED SERIES begins next Saturday, March 3rd, at 10am on the Cartoon Network. I seem to think it moves to 10:30 the week after, or the week after that.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
The characters in the back are much too large, they shouldn't be bigger than the building. I guess they're giants.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
90807756_4f55076f3800a.jpeg

APRIL 1st Schedule:

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN -- 11 AM

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN (Second Episode) -- 11:30AM

THE AVENGERS (Season 2) -- 12PM

Then the following Saturday THE AVENGERS moves into it's regular time slot at 11:30AM.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
New photos from ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN hit the web. 15 in all. I created a photo album of them on my DVD NEWS FLASH facebook page. Check them out here. The animation looks very good.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Click here to see three new clips from ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN.

They're not on YouTube so I couldn't add them to the post. Concerned about this show now. Is it some kind of spoof?

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I dont know if anyone has said anything. wondercon.org will be showing the new superman animated movie. superman vs the elite friday night at wondercond. marvel will be showing the season premire for ultimate spidey and second season of avengers at wondercon.
www.wondercon.org if anyone is interested.
Jacob

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
New preview of ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN at Marvel's website: CLICK HERE
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]For the most part this looks good, it's just those digressions into "animated sight gags" that has the potential to kill this whole thing for me. What say you all? [/COLOR]

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Brand new trailer for ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN which pretty much trumps all the others. WOW. The animation looks incredible. May love this series after all.

And here's the official trailer for SUPERMAN VS. THE ELITE. Specs for the Blu-Ray Combo can be found here.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Saw the 2-part ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN premiere this morning and I have to say it's got the best action animation I have EVER seen for a Marvel/DC super hero cartoon series. Character animation is good, too. What will take some getting used to is the rampant comedy, and the min-sketches the show diverts to. If the animation wasn't so top of the line, the comedy would kill it dead. Some of the skits and d[/COLOR]ialogue were actually funny, but there's WAY too much of it on this series.
Interesting to note there is no opening credits song/music. The opening credits feel more movie oriented. The show simply starts with the credits rolling along, then after Spider-Man thwarts a crime, or gets into trouble, THEN the ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN title shows up. Very nicely done. I was dreading some stupid song, like SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN got.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]For those wondering if ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN will be airing in other countries, this was posted on the Liveblog that was going while the 2-part premiere was airing: "For those fans asking about international premiere dates for Ultimate Spider-Man, we're working on getting those for you, but you'll have to stay tuned--nothing we can announce just yet."[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]For those who missed the premiere it will be repeating tonight at 8pm on Disney XD.[/COLOR]

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Two trailers for this coming Saturday's new season of YOUNG JUSTICE: INVASION. A ten part mini-series.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
In this weeks TV Guide they have a brief article on the May 6th episode of ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN. Noteworthy, due to Parker taking on the Hulk, and the fact that the entire episode is done in the manner of a "found footage flick." The entire ep is seen through the eyes of a cell phone camera. There's also an explanation at the end as to why the vibe of the sure is the way it is: "So often in Hollywood, creative people are hired and then handcuffed, but Marvel didn't want us tied in any way to Spider-Man's history," says MOA's (Man Of Action) Steven T. Seagle. "They said, 'What if he'd never been created for the comics? What if he was created today specifically for animation? Let's start over!' And that's what we did. It's been very liberating."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks