What's new

JVC 56FH97 green lines in the picture. HELP!!!! (1 Viewer)

LILROYCE

Auditioning
Real Name
Aaron
I have a JVC 56FH97 HDTV and I have green lines shadowing the images on screen. I have changed HDMI cords twice. Why is this happening and what can I do about it? Does anyone have any suggestions? I am going crazy these lines are a huge distraction.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Do these lines only appear when you are watching an HDMI source?

I have the 61" JVC LCoS. I haven't heard of green lines - just the yellow blob.

jvscrewed

Auditioning
Real Name
steve
Hi David,

I just finished watching a movie on my HDILA JVC and we are now experiencing these green jagged lines. The first time I noticed them was two or three days ago while watching Tropic Thunder. My wife pointed them out after we finished the movie and turned U-Verse back on. I couldn't help but post an answer to your question even though I am not the one who originally posted the problem...I was watching these on a PS3. Any thoughts?

Sorry for the hasty message, it said you were online and I wanted to try and catch you.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
There was an issue with PS3 and these TV's a while back. It would not happen all the time, but when it did it was described as green jaggies. I'll have to find the actual posts to see what the fix was. I 'believe' it was simply turning everything off.

I don't have a PS3 so I never experienced this (I did have the yellow blob that required a light engine replacement).

There's a huge thread at AVS for these tv's. The answer is in there somewhere...

jvscrewed

Auditioning
Real Name
steve
Thanks, I will check out AVS. After I sent you the message I looked around for solutions and stumbled onto the Service Menu option. I always assumed something like it existed, just didn't think I could access it. I ended up doing as someone instructed and went to the self check mode, turned the tv off, unplugged the tv, and then the opposite from there. Worked like a charm, on a related note: I watched a Blu-Ray movie this afternoon (and my god I don't watch enough of them) and the tv is back on and works like a charm. Obviously, don't worry about finding those posts.

CluelessAlishaLOL

Auditioning
Real Name
Alisha Watts
Thanks, I will check out AVS. After I sent you the message I looked around for solutions and stumbled onto the Service Menu option. I always assumed something like it existed, just didn't think I could access it. I ended up doing as someone instructed and went to the self check mode, turned the tv off, unplugged the tv, and then the opposite from there. Worked like a charm, on a related note: I watched a Blu-Ray movie this afternoon (and my god I don't watch enough of them) and the tv is back on and works like a charm. Obviously, don't worry about finding those posts.
Hey I know this is about 7years old but I'm having the same issue with the green lines. Can you please tell me how to fix it? I'm not using anything but a DVD player and I've tried different cords different DVD players but the are still there. Please help... Ive had this TV for years and I know it's time for a new one but I love this one..lol and I don't like to spend money on Something I really can't afford ya know. Oh and i don't think mine has a self check mode or i just can't find it. Any advice on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated Thanks!

CluelessAlishaLOL

Auditioning
Real Name
Alisha Watts
Hi David,

I just finished watching a movie on my HDILA JVC and we are now experiencing these green jagged lines. The first time I noticed them was two or three days ago while watching Tropic Thunder. My wife pointed them out after we finished the movie and turned U-Verse back on. I couldn't help but post an answer to your question even though I am not the one who originally posted the problem...I was watching these on a PS3. Any thoughts?

Sorry for the hasty message, it said you were online and I wanted to try and catch you.
Did you find the solution? I see this is really old but I'm hoping one of y'all remember what the problem was. Thanks

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The issue was with the PS3 and the TV. I haven't heard of anything else causing the green lines. The biggest issue with these TVs was the yellow colored 'blob' that would appear on the screen and never go away. Have you tried cleaning the mirror? Take the access doors off and blow some compressed air in and see if it helps (the TV must be completely cool when you do this).

FWIW, my son still uses this TV and it is still going strong (after a bulb change about a year ago).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks