What's new

3D Jurassic Park in IMAX 3-D / Bluray version out soon (2 Viewers)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Dick said:
I feel we are already giving corporations enough damn information about ourselves via our computers everyday without helping them do it whenever we want to watch a movie. That's my private time, a literal escape from all the crap I have to deal with the rest of the day, and studios and Netflix and other online services are not invited. I do not stream movies, I do not do digital downloads, I do not use Ultra Violet. I have Blu-rays and DVD's that play for me when I want them to, and that is all I care about insofar as home theater goes. Nobody needs to know what I am watching but me and my audience at home.
That is borderline paranoia.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Dick said:
I feel we are already giving corporations enough damn information about ourselves via our computers everyday without helping them do it whenever we want to watch a movie. That's my private time, a literal escape from all the crap I have to deal with the rest of the day, and studios and Netflix and other online services are not invited. I do not stream movies, I do not do digital downloads, I do not use Ultra Violet. I have Blu-rays and DVD's that play for me when I want them to, and that is all I care about insofar as home theater goes. Nobody needs to know what I am watching but me and my audience at home.
TonyD said:
That is borderline paranoia.
IMO, It is not delusional but common sense. Information taken is a power infringing on personal privacy, the degree depending on how much one values the dynamics of their privacy world.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
I guess I don't see why it even matters if someone knows what movie I'm watching. Seems like there are a lot more compelling things to spend your thoughts on.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
HDvision said:
GregK, the DTS theatrical mix exists in the dark recesses of the internet. A fan bought up at an auction the actual CDs used in theaters for the soundmix, restored it and synced it to the current Blu-ray release. I'm sure someone will sync it to the new master too later, and it indeed sounds atomic.
Can someone point me in the right direction for this please.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Moe Dickstein said:
I guess I don't see why it even matters if someone knows what movie I'm watching.
Yeah, I'd prefer people didn't spy on me but if someone wants to spend their time to find out that I've been watching I Still Know What You Did Last Summer so be it.

On second thought, I think I'd rather keep that private. :)

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Moe Dickstein said:
I guess I don't see why it even matters if someone knows what movie I'm watching. Seems like there are a lot more compelling things to spend your thoughts on.
The dynamics for security is at issue. Control is removed for Information taken (possesion). The intent good or bad, infringes on privacy. Just like losing a key or password to unkown chance.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Moe Dickstein said:
Do you feel the same way in light of what the NSA has been gathering from us?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
You really had to come back with a comment to reply to a post that was made nearly four months ago.This topic is about a specific movie.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Let's bring this topic back on track without throwing insults.

...and there is no need to bring in the topic of the NSA in a movie thread.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
If I might be allowed to respond briefly - no I don't care what data they gather about me. I don't understand why people feel the need to hide irrelevant information. Not everything has to be private.

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
Hmm. . .jumped into this thread to see if others enjoyed this conversion as much as I did and found a different topic altogether. Not that I don't have thoughts on the matter. but there's probably a better place to discuss such things. Let me know where that might be and I'll share a thought or two. :)

Back to the conversion. . .I was surprised to see it rate as low as it did as I thought it was of the better conversions out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks