What's new

John from Cincinnati - Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Don S

Stunt Coordinator
I'm enjoying every bit of this show, confusing as it is at times. The show has an odd attraction to it...

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
This isn't particularly encouraging.

I don't mind whacked out Lynchian stories, but I like knowing they're going somewhere.

ErichH

Screenwriter
Milch is just being coy.

Of course they dangle us with John's statement just before the 3 head out.
Funny - Butchie has yet to be high, but he keeps trying with no success. Even the OZ in the first episode was not the real thing (thanks to Freddy looking after him with fake product)

Where the hell is Mitch?

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
If this show isnt drawing anymore following than us few people posting on this forum here as part of a market demographic, then Milch & HBO have bigger problems.....:frowning: IE: it wont be around long....

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
According to what I've read, it's pulling down an average of 4.5 million viewers per episode (between all the showings on HBO and On Demand viewings) so it's not doing that bad... and that's still surprising to me.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd

WOW! Like I say, a lot of talent on this show, just odd to figure out WTF is going on...

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
How many viewers does a hit show get(not American Idol)?

Anyone know what the other major HBO shows got/get(Deadwood, Wire, Sopranos, SFU)?

I thought the show was going to revolve more around Mitch yost, not Butchie. I am glad though because I love Butchie's character.

"You look like a duck from a shooting gallery".- Sissy

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I have two theories;

A: John is Jesus in his second coming. (I'm sure I'm not the only one to think this)

B: They're all dead/in purgetory. (Wait is this the Lost thread?) ;)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This show gives me a headache after I watch each week's episode. Where's it heading? A little part of me was cheering when Bill slapped John for his parrot talking.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
This show is hanging on by a thread for me right now. I really liked it in the beginning but it seems it's going nowhere at this point. I'm all for the intrigue, but throw me a bone. I've been pretty much bored out of my mind the last three episodes.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

I agree it seems to be spinning it's wheels padding time for the final episode to reveal something. It seems alot of the scenes in the last 3 shows have been redundant. It really does need to advance the storyline. And where's Bruce Greenwood ? His characters has been off to Hawaii or something the last few eps. Did the actor jump ship ?

ErichH

Screenwriter

Perhaps the bone is John manifesting himself and others into different locations in the past weeks, but it's subtle.
Not as much fun as floating in air, reversing death, healing wounds, etc.

I'll admit, I've been ready for a little CGI magic or something on that order.

My guess - Milch will never pay off the angel/alien question.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This show has turned into somewhat of a disappointment for me (by episode 4, actually), but one more episode to go, might as well finish it up next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks