What's new

Jbl Nsp1 & Nsp1 Ii (1 Viewer)

Dan Mertz

Stunt Coordinator
I have read some review on JBL NSP1 speakers and some people have complained about the magnetically protected center speaker interferring with the picture when placed on top of the TV.

Then there is the JBL NSP1 II, which some people have said that the quality of sound from the center speaker is not very good.

Other than these 2 complaints, both these series of speakers have gotten good reviews, especially for the price. Has anyone heard of, or had any experience with, these problems from either of these JBL speaker systems?

Ian-Fl

Second Unit
The only reason for the two models NSP1 and NSP1 II is that JBL lost a legal battle over patents a year ago.
They had to change the design, but the two sets sound the same.

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
I have an NSP1 II setup in my computer, and I do have problems with the center shilding, but no problems with the sound of it, superb :D , its not the best center of the world, but at that price range is a very good center, very nice set regarding performance/cost.

Good luck with your choice,

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Dan,
I've had the NSP1's for about a year and a half now and have experienced no shielding problem from the center channel.(Or any of the OTHERS, for that matter). I have it placed atop my Toshiba 50H81 widescreen and thoroughly love the entire setup.:emoji_thumbsup: :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Good Luck!

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
FYI: I've owned my JBL NSP1's since Arpil 2000 and had not experienced any shielding problems since day-one on top of my Toshiba 35" CX35D60 Direct-Tube TV (now @ my vacation house) I rounded out my setup with the 15" 200w AudioSource SW15 sub-woofer and my REFERENCED Calibrated setup easily and impressively sounds 'better' than the local DD/DTS5.1 Cinema Theater's!!! :D

My brother bought the SVS 25-31PCi to round-out his JBL NSP1 HT setup - yeah 'big' brother copied my setup after hearing my setup for about 2 years ... getting the NSP1's & SVS 25-31PCi ($499) on sale helped him justify the upgrade!!!

The following review sums up our experience and subjective feelings, ...

• August 3, 2000 - Brent Butterworth for etown JBL NSP1 speaker system
, not a home theater.

Jason8

Agent
Real Name
Jason
I have JBL N26II as my mains and the N-Center II has my center and they flank my Sony 27" Wega closely, no problems with shielding. The N-Center II is sitting ontop of my set too.

Like many people have said, the JBL NSP1, I think thats 4 jbl n24s and n-center, is really hard to beat as a budget package. If you are looking for a budget system in a pinch, definately go for it. If you are the kind of person who gets upgradeitis, consider being patient, and building a decent audiophile system piece by piece.

Greg-ST

Stunt Coordinator
I have the JBL NSP1II speaker set and the center channel does not cause any magnetic interference on top of my 27" TV. The sound quality of the center channel is great too. It's about as close of a match you're going to find to the N24II's without actually using an N24II for your center (same thing quoted in Phil's post). It's a good thing to calibrate the sound levels with the speakers though because the center is more efficient than the N24II's, which results in it being a bit louder with the same power supplied.

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
I've had the following speakers for about 2 years:
N26 - mains
N24 - surrounds
N Center
PB10 - sub

They're all version "I." They are OK for HT, but mediocre for music. The N Center is, to me, the worst of the set. Even for HT, it is tinny, distorted & too sibilant.

I'm going to upgrade my whole set, but just haven't had time to audition others.

Doug

Edit: I forgot to address your main question. No, I've not had any problems w/ shielding on the N Center, just am dissatisfied w/ overall quality.

Anthony*gw

Stunt Coordinator
I to have the JBL NSP1II and haven't had any shielding problems at all.but i have heard a couple people complain about it,so i think it's got to have some truth to it IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks