What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Jam (and Jaaaaam) (1 Viewer)

James Reader

Screenwriter
Before I start, I should point out that the contents of these discs contain some very dark, black humour, and will not be to everyone's taste

VCI in the UK has just released Chris Morris' "Jam" on DVD. Coming on 2 discs, the first disc contains the original "Jam" episodes, while the second contains the "Late Night" "Jaaaaam" episodes which feature more explicit material.

As anyone would expect who has viewed the "BrassEye" disc also from Chris Morris and VCI, the supplements on the set are bizzare to say the least - Choices Direct's listing sums them up the best:

Miniaturised Viewing Option For Programme 1, Pong Version Of Moving Miniaturised Viewing Option, Programme 6 Speeded Up And Then Slowed Again To Original Duration, Lava Lamp Viewing Option, 1st 19 Seconds Of Programme 5, Undeleted Scenes, View All Six Programmes At Once...And Many Many More, Plus Hidden Extras
The discs are PAL format Region 0

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
I really enjoyed Brass Eye, but Jam is pretty out there. Some of the skits were really funny and others I just didn't find funny at all. Do the Jaaaaam episodes really contain more explicit material? I sampled bits and pieces of each episode and they seemed identical to Jam except for more distortion on the audio and video.

Gregory

James Reader

Screenwriter
I believe that some of the language in Jaaaam was more explicit. I have no interest in Jaaaam so haven't really checked. But that said, it's good the DVD release includes the Jaaaam episodes.

I really enjoyed Brass Eye, but Jam is pretty out there. Some of the skits were really funny and others I just didn't find funny at all.
Yeah - I can't decide if I like "Jam" or not - but to give Chris Morris credit, he's achieved what he set out to do and you've got to respect him for that.

Watch the "Unconcerned Parents" sketch with the laughter track on (it's one of the supplements) and it has a whole new feeling. While before the sketch is truly uncomfortable to watch, with the laughter track the sketch and it seems to make the satire much more presentable and acceptable. [Shrugs] Does that mean that perhaps the material isn't as unconventional as it first appears, or does it mean that we accept anything shown on television if it fits into a pre-conditioned norm and formula?

Interestingly when viewing with friends, each episode generates lots of discussion and debate, and isn't that what art is all about?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks