What's new

Jaggermeister? (1 Viewer)

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
I know many who prefer a shot glass half-filled with Rumpleminz with Jager topping it off. Can't remember what they call it.

We'd shake bar dice. They'd order that, and I'd stick to my Jim Beam.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I like Jägermeister (correct spelling :)) quite a bit actually (one of the few alcoholic drinks I like). Yeah, it tastes like cough medicine, but that prevents you from drinking too much (hopefully, the last time I got really drunk was on a bottle of Jägermeister, that was several years ago).
/Mike

Kevin T

Screenwriter
it's been mentioned before but jaeger is a strong liquor with the flavor of black licorice. it's thicker than most other alcohols...much like cough syrup (not quite as thick though). it will tear you up though if you drink too much. a friend and myself split half a 750mL one night and i was falling down drunk. i'm not necessarily prone to hangovers so i can't comment on that aspect. as with everything alcoholic...moderation is key. jaeger is definitely unique and worth a try at least. check you local package store counters as they usually sell the ultra tiny 2 shot size bottle.

kevin t

ps...i've found the best way to drink it is after it has sat in your freezer for at least 24 hours.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Keep the bottle in your freezer (you want to drink it cold). Try this shot on for size:

Liquid Cocaine:

- 1/3 Jäegermeister

- 1/3 Goldschlager (or Rumple Minze for a different flavor)

- 1/3 151 Rum

Add Rumple Minze and you have a '24Kt nightmare'. No 151 = 'Liquid Heroin'. 2-3 of these shots are all you'll need during the entire night...

If you like licorice flavored alcohol, try Ouzo...

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
It is, considered by many, to be the closest thing you can get to a hallucinogenic type alcohol.
Which is like saying Marlboros are the closest thing you can get to a hallucinogenic type cigarette. :laugh:
Bottom line? If you want hallucinogens, kids, take hallucinogens. If you want to look like a college boy on his first night of drinking, be seen drinking Jägermeister shots out of a test tube.

Kevin T

Screenwriter
isn't this true of all alcohol?
hmmm...maybe i'm the oddball then. i don't chill any of my alcohol. the only one i do chill is jager. however, jager is the only one i shoot straight. i don't like shooting alcohol because there is something about the "burn" that i cannot stand. i usually drink mixed drinks with tequila, rum, or vodka. of course, if i'm drinking, it's usually an amberbock or a new castle but that's another thread entirely.

kevin t

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
The first (and so far) time I had the jaegermeister drink was on a ski trip with some friends. 6 of us passed the bottle around, drinking a shot each until the bottle was gone. I think I had 4 shots. Then came a few shots of whiskey (Glenn Morangie, I think, or maybe Glenn Fidditch) and finally a smidgen of the 151.
Oddly, I wasn't feeling drunk that night, which is surprising considering my lack of body mass. But I still had a hell of a hangover the next day. And I'm pretty sure I left a gift to the porcelain god, but my memory is a bit hazy on that point. :)
I think the lack of beer that night was a wise move on my part.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks