What's new

Jaggermeister? (1 Viewer)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I know, I'm probably looking like a dufus, but what is jaggermeister? I've seen the name of this drink floating around, but I don't think I've ever tried it.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Jaggermeister is what Mick has backstage :D
It's Jaegermeister or more appropriately Jäegermeister...
I've never tried it either but I'm not a big drinker to begin with... :)
Jay

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
It's a foul, foul liquer, very sweet-tasting, and awesomely potent. It's also a rite of passage for many.

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
It is satan in a bottle... and I am sufering from a demonic hangover even as I type.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I remember they used to sell it in grocery stores here(you can't even buy beer in grocery stores) and the kids loved it. I think it is in the medicinal alcohol family whatever that means.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Mmm, now I'm tempted to try some. I'm planning on spending the evening alone anyway, so I may stop buy the liquor store on the way home.

I'm generally a vodka guy myself and can take harder stuff than others, so I'm intrigued.

Joseph Howard

Stunt Coordinator
Jaeger!! I love the stuff. I've been known to drink it
with a crazy straw at parties.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
MMMMmmmmm!!

One thing I don't get though. People that try it and find
it disgusting often say it tastes like "black liquorish"
but those that like it say it doesn't.
Put me in the camp that loves the taste of Jaeger and
thinks it doesn't taste anything like "black liquorish"
which I don't like at all.
Oh, and to learn about it's "secret" ingredients go to
Jaegermeister
Its the official site..complete with animation.
Dr. Joe

Kenny Foor

Stunt Coordinator
I had an unfortunate encounter with this stuff when I was younger and have never touched the stuff since. One other thing, the stuff tastes the same comming back up (gross!):D

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Steve makes an interesting point: I don't think this stuff is cross-tolerant with other alcoholic bevereges--meaning that it will ramp up the effects of other alcoholic products. Even Coors beer would have knock-out punch capability after too much Jaiger--that is, if you're still conscious.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Interestingly, I do think Jager tastes like Black licorice. I hate black licorice, but surprisingly like the taste of Jager. I also don't think it's as potent as people make it out to be, but if you over indulge....WATCH OUT. You will wake up next to something you never would have ever considered sleeping with previous.

I agree, extremely chilled is the way to go here. Some bars actually have Jager on tap chilled from it's own specially designed dispenser.

I have the same problem with Coffee as I do with Jager. I hate the taste of coffee, but actually like Coffee Ice Cream. Go figure.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Jaeger, I believe is consumed largely as an after dinner drink in Germany. (an aspirtif?)
I like it. And it does sort of taste like green NyQuil.. and has a similar affect. ;)

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
Even more evil are Jaegerblasters or Jaegerbombs. Take a shot of Jaggermeister and drop it into a glass filled with half a can of Red Bull. Slam a couple of those and the evening is just getting started; guaranteed to have you up until dawn.

Evil; absolute pure evil.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
It's a foul, foul liquer, very sweet-tasting, and awesomely potent.
Now I'm gonna have to black-list you Jack;)...foul, damn. I love Jager shots frozen

It is, considered by many, to be the closest thing you can get to a hallucinogenic type alcohol.
It is about the only hard-alcohol I will drink.
Peace Out~:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks