Is 'The THing' being rereleased on Aug 28?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Conroy Tesa, Aug 16, 2001.

1. Conroy Tesa

Conroy Tesa Stunt Coordinator

I wanted to pick this title up but it is either hard to find or over 40 bucks canadian.
    On Amazon etc it says there is a release date of Aug 28, 2001
    What does that mean?
    ------------------
    Conroy

2. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

Most probably that the old disc is being reissued at a slightly lower price.
    As soon as they make it anamorphic, I'll buy it - but I fear there'll be a wait. [​IMG]

3. Wes Ray

Wes Ray Supporting Actor

Anamorphic or not, everyone with a DVD collection should own this title. It's a must. The disc looks great and the features are endless. A very underrated disc, and definitely the best Universal has ever released. Forget the anamorphic crap and do yourself a favor. BUY THIS MOVIE! [​IMG]

4. Christopher Bosley

Christopher Bosley Stunt Coordinator

Why do I think that people who say "forget the anamorphic crap" don't have a 16:9 display? If you do, it is impossible to forget the anamorphic crap.

5. Jan Strnad

Jan Strnad Screenwriter

I don't have a widescreen TV, but I take the "anamorphic crap" very seriously.
    The reason is, I'm cheap.
    I'm old enough (138 this October 2nd) to remember when stereo and mono LPs were released as separate editions. Even before I owned a "stereo," I paid more for and bought stereo records over their cheaper mono counterparts.
    Why did I spend more? Because I'm cheap. I didn't want to have to re-buy all my music when I got a stereo. I paid a little more and, when I did get a stereo, I had a nice collection of favorite LPs to play on it.
    Same with anamorphic DVDs.
    When I do finally get a widescreen television, I want to have a DVD collection ready to go. I don't want to have to re-buy everything to get a picture worthy of the TV I just bought.
    If it ain't anamorphic, I ain't a-buyin' it. Because I'm cheap.
    I'm cheap, but I'm not stupid.
    ------------------
    http://www.mindspring.com/~atombrain/risenintro.html
    Jan Strnad
    author of Risen and
    "The AtomBrain Guide to Letterboxing"