Is it posiable to buy....

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Aaron Chiandet, Apr 27, 2003.

1. Aaron Chiandet

Is it posiable to buy good sounding speakers for a 5.1 setup with 500$ or less? Right now Im still running a good ol pro logic setup. I have been reading this board for about a week now trying to educate myself on this "new" world of HT. I have read many threads with options pertaining to what fits my budget, but I would like some feedback on some products I have found. So let the judging begin.....

Option A.
    Wharfedale MovieStar 60+ Home Theater Speaker System

Option B.
    Onkyo SKSHT500

I have more but this is taking kinda long and I have to get going. Here is a diagram of the room I watch/play video games in so it should help give advice.

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    Aaron

2. Aaron Chiandet

BTW, I am buying all new equipment. I have set 300$ for a reciever, 200$ for a new DVD player and 500$ for speakers. I will worry about my TV afterwards.

Thanks
    Aaron

3. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

You might also want to look at the Athena Point 5 system. Your best bet, however, would probably be the JBL NSP1 package online (not best buy) and a Sony WM40 subwoofer. This combo should come in at under $500 and would sound better than either of those packages.

4. Alan M

Alan M Second Unit

You might also look at the fluance sx-htb system.An excellent value for clear crisp sound at a price that cant be beat.
    Add the sony sub and your ready to go.
    www.flunce.com

5. Alan M

Alan M Second Unit