What's new

Is it posiable to buy.... (1 Viewer)

Is it posiable to buy good sounding speakers for a 5.1 setup with 500$ or less? Right now Im still running a good ol pro logic setup. I have been reading this board for about a week now trying to educate myself on this "new" world of HT. I have read many threads with options pertaining to what fits my budget, but I would like some feedback on some products I have found. So let the judging begin.....

Option A.
Wharfedale MovieStar 60+ Home Theater Speaker System

Option B.
Onkyo SKSHT500

I have more but this is taking kinda long and I have to get going. Here is a diagram of the room I watch/play video games in so it should help give advice.

Thanks,
Aaron

BTW, I am buying all new equipment. I have set 300$ for a reciever, 200$ for a new DVD player and 500$ for speakers. I will worry about my TV afterwards.

Thanks
Aaron

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
You might also want to look at the Athena Point 5 system. Your best bet, however, would probably be the JBL NSP1 package online (not best buy) and a Sony WM40 subwoofer. This combo should come in at under $500 and would sound better than either of those packages.

Alan M

Second Unit
You might also look at the fluance sx-htb system.An excellent value for clear crisp sound at a price that cant be beat.
Add the sony sub and your ready to go.
www.flunce.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks