What's new

Ironside (R2 - Fabulous Films) (1 Viewer)

stringbean

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Snorbitz
Does anybody have any of these sets? I purchased season One (R2) back in 2009 which was released by a different company - Platform Entertainment. Fabulous Films have released seasons, 2,3 and 4 in the space of just a year since 2015. I'm wondering what the quality is like.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I didn't know Fabulous had put out R2 Ironside sets in recent years. (I have the R4 Madman sets for Seasons 5 - 8 and the R1 Shout Factory sets for Seasons 1 - 4.)

I see that Fabulous has also released the 2 seasons of Banacek. It's not a must-have show for me so I didn't get those R1 "TV Guide" sets before they went out of print, and now they go for high prices. So I might have to purchase the Fabulous sets of Banacek at some point.

And since at this point I doubt we'll ever get the rest of McCloud in R1, I wish Fabulous would do an R2 release of the series. The R4 sets remain pricey and so I haven't yet given in and purchased them.

Last edited:

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I have Ironside S5-8 from Madman via Amazon UK. S8 has "The Return of Ironside" as an extra, so no need to purchase that separately. I'm not aware of any issues with these sets; I'm very happy with the quality. Picking these up through Amazon UK saved on shipping, too.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Thank god for fabulous Films! They do a terrific job releasing classic American television shows in Region 2 that either have had sporadic releases or no releases in Region 1. For example, they have released the entire series of both Alfred Hitchcock Presents and The Alfred Hitchcock Hour.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I have Ironside S5-8 from Madman via Amazon UK. S8 has "The Return of Ironside" as an extra, so no need to purchase that separately. I'm not aware of any issues with these sets; I'm very happy with the quality. Picking these up through Amazon UK saved on shipping, too.

That's the only season I'm missing. When I was in Melbourne, I picked up 3 of the sets at a great sale price but season 8 had just come out and wasn't included in the sale yet.

stringbean

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Snorbitz
Can anyone please confirm that the opening theme tune on season two of Ironside has a kind of twangy guitar on the opening theme tune? In other words, although the theme is the same as season one, there is a slight difference in sound. I just want to make sure it's not a generic piece used instead of the original that you hear on season one.

I have purchased season two of Ironside R2 by Fabulous Films and only just started getting around to watching it. Nowhere on YouTube can I find the opening theme tune for series two to make sure the DVD is correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks