What's new

Invaders From Mars (1 Viewer)

Zack Scott

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, does anyone know if Invaders From Mars has been released on DVD yet? I have the old Image laserdisc from 1994 and unfortunately, my player finally took a crap on me. It was an okay transfer due to limitations on the original negative (ran thru a lawn mower in some parts). But it was a great laserdisc. I'm not talking about the Tobe Hooper mess from the mid 80's I'm talking bout the original from the 50's.

Thanks in advance

NP: Queen's A Night at the Opera.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I read that color separations and other elements are availible for a restoration exist. (Possibly in great condition, too.)

Sadly, the copyright owner, Wade Williams, could care less about the condition of the films he owns from what I've heard...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
read this amazing essay written by glenn erickson the dvd savant. it is as he calls it
A two-part examination of a Sci Fi classic that, at least in Savant's opinion, should be showing in the Louvre.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
The laser was okay. Too many sources were used. It had alot of extras, but could have shown the whole European footage, not just a few minutes of it. :)
The DVD was a piece of crap, but then it could have been a complete movie version in lousy condition. :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks