What's new

Blu-ray Review A Few Words About A few words about…™ Invaders from Mars – in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I coerced the wife in watching IFM with me last night in the HT. She really enjoyed it, especially the scenes for the international market...she couldn't stop laughing.

That was the fifth time I have viewed it...I doesn't get old.

David Sal

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered on December 19, 2022. Still waiting for the disc to ship. Ignite stopped answering my messages (last one on Feb. 3). They said something about an issue with my address and printing labels. I offered an alternate address, but no reply. That's what you get for shelling out almost $60 on a movie (that's what I usually pay on Kino's sales for 6 movies and stellar service). Beware of this guys!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I ordered on December 19, 2022. Still waiting for the disc to ship. Ignite stopped answering my messages (last one on Feb. 3). They said something about an issue with my address and printing labels. I offered an alternate address, but no reply. That's what you get for shelling out almost $60 on a movie (that's what I usually pay on Kino's sales for 6 movies and stellar service). Beware of this guys!
I'm sorry, Have you not been following this thread? Uber Lag Time with these guys...just when you think it will never show up, months after you order it arrives!!! Keep in mind, most of is ordered in May of last year and only got ours what, a month or two ago!!! Lighten up Chicky, in the end...as those that finaly got ours can tell you....it's allmost worth the wait!!! ;)

kaminton

Auditioning
Real Name
Kerry Minton
Well, that's strange. I ordered mine on Feb 4th. It shipped on Feb 6th and I received it on Feb 8th. I was prepared to be waiting for weeks for it based on this thread but I was surprised that it was shipped and delivered so quickly.

Chuck Pennington

Screenwriter
Got this e-mail today from Ignite:

Greetings Martians!

We have heard you and we have created a solution. As you by now are aware there was a slip-up (please pardon the pun) at the processing plant that led to the inconvenient placement of two wafer seals over the slip covers. This, in turn led to much consternation and heartache, as some of the covers could not survive the safe removal of the tape intact, and the tape lifted the ink. But worry no more about the shape of your collectible disc slipcover. Thanks to you and everyone else who ordered INVADERS FROM MARS, this June we will be doing another run of the discs. We will print extra slipcovers to send as replacements to those of you who had trouble with the offending tape. This ought to make the product a more complete, and exciting package, worthy of your shelf space.

We are very proud of this release of INVADERS FROM MARS, Ignite’s first home video release under our banner. We want to ensure that no one feels like their slipcover is not pristine. Please be confident that we will strive to solve any production issues with our products that our customers may encounter. We are in it for the long haul here at Ignite and we are excited to invite you on our journey. Thank you for your interest, your purchase, and your faith in Ignite. INVADERS FROM MARS is only the beginning!

— Ignite Films

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier

Greetings Martians!

We have heard you and we have created a solution. As you by now are aware there was a slip-up (please pardon the pun) at the processing plant that led to the inconvenient placement of two wafer seals over the slip covers. This, in turn led to much consternation and heartache, as some of the covers could not survive the safe removal of the tape intact, and the tape lifted the ink. But worry no more about the shape of your collectible disc slipcover. Thanks to you and everyone else who ordered INVADERS FROM MARS, this June we will be doing another run of the discs. We will print extra slipcovers to send as replacements to those of you who had trouble with the offending tape. This ought to make the product a more complete, and exciting package, worthy of your shelf space.

We are very proud of this release of INVADERS FROM MARS, Ignite’s first home video release under our banner. We want to ensure that no one feels like their slipcover is not pristine. Please be confident that we will strive to solve any production issues with our products that our customers may encounter. We are in it for the long haul here at Ignite and we are excited to invite you on our journey. Thank you for your interest, your purchase, and your faith in Ignite. INVADERS FROM MARS is only the beginning!

— Ignite Films
Nice words...but for me, Actions speak louder than words. Keep your eyes to your post offices and we'll see.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot

Greetings Martians!

— Ignite Films
Nice !
Great to hear.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Just received an email from Ignite Films.

Invaders from Mars Wins Best Classic Film Home Media Release at the 51st Saturn Awards!
Sitewide Sale | 25% Off
"Thank you so much. It took 71 years for me to come up here and all I can say is GEE-WHIZ!" – Jimmy Hunt (Saturn Awards, 2/4/24)​

Greetings Martians!

As you may have already heard, we won a Saturn Award! Last Sunday, our debut release, Invaders from Mars (4K), won Best Classic Film Home Media Release at the prestigious award show, honoring the best in genre entertainment.

Star Jimmy Hunt and Jim Quan (BPC/Ignite) accepted the honor among some of Hollywood's biggest icons, including Keanu Reeves, Emily Blunt, Nicolas Cage, directors James Cameron and Christopher Nolan, and more!

Jim Quan: "Thank you Saturn Awards from everyone at Ignite. Also, shout out to the people that made this restoration possible; Ignite's Jan Willem Bosman Jansen and Janet Schorer, along with our Restoration Supervisor Scott MacQueen and the folks at Roundabout. And of course, everyone behind-the-scenes that worked so hard on our release, including our star Jimmy Hunt."

Jimmy Hunt: "Thank you so much. It took 71 years for me to come up here and all I can say is GEE-WHIZ! The older people know what that meant!"

In celebration of this special honor, we are offering a Saturn Awards Sale – 25% everything sitewide!

Thank you all for the continued support. We can't wait to share news about our next release. Stay tuned!

– Ignite Films

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Just as they never sent me any emails during the preorder fiasco, they didn’t send me that either :D

Great release, though!

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Just as they never sent me any emails during the preorder fiasco, they didn’t send me that either :D

Great release, though!
Very nice release, but as a restorative effort it still pales in comparison to the grand-daddy of all restorations - the seventy million dollar plus work to save Out of the Blue. Even the pyramids required less labour.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I did get a new slipcover for my UHD, and sold the damaged slipcover with a sealed UHD without the slip that I bought via a store credit trade at Amoeba ! :D

bugsy-pal

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Will this ever be available outside the US? I saw this on TV when I was a kid in the 60s, and it scared the crap out of me. I really want to see it in 4K!

MUFC

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
Very nice release, but as a restorative effort it still pales in comparison to the grand-daddy of all restorations - the seventy million dollar plus work to save Out of the Blue. Even the pyramids required less labour.
I would beg to differ on my end of precedings…
Yet I can never tell if you’re taking the piss or not about Blue. Either way I do enjoy reading your words.

Last edited:

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Invaders was indeed a gorgeous restoration. And my favorite part of the award is that it's for Best Classic Film Home Media Release. We like it when UCLA restorations get homevid releases. Eagerly awaiting one for 1931's Drums of Jeopardy, for one.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks