What's new

Interesting article about xbox live and EA. (1 Viewer)

RayKk

Stunt Coordinator
I have quit EA for anything they make, not just because of the no Live policy, its because of that absolutely shear crap Need for Speed for Xbox, the port was almost disgusting as before I have ranted about this, if you have earlier versions of NFS for PC, if you look through them you will find the same tracks but with slight cosmetic changes, their was nothing new or fresh in the game, it wouldn't be a big deal if the port wasn't so bad, a lot of people have dumped EA off their shopping lists and they still come up with more crap and stupid policies and expect people to go out and buy their product, F them.

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
I think it is ridiculous for EA to implement, or for us to worry about, gamers playing last year's sports games online beyond next year's publishing cycle. It is a natural process. Anyone who is a Madden fanatic to the point that they are still playing the game an entire year later, is definitely going to get the next version anyway. Anyone who is content with the version they have, will be in the minority, and will have a difficult time finding people to play with. I don't think people need to be forced off of last year's games... it will happen naturally.

I don't think that's necessarily true, I know a lot of sports gamers who upgrade every two years rather than every year. A lot of times, whatever changes they make just aren't that significant. I think you'd be suprised how many 2k3 players won't be upgrading. I have a hard time purchasing a new version if I'm happy with what I currently play.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
the port was almost disgusting
Of course, NFS Xbox wasn't a port. It, and the GC version, were a seperate development to the PS2 game, which is what caused the problems... I think a port of the PS2 version might have made people happier ;)

Of course, this is largely irrelevant hair splitting...

JayV

Supporting Actor
There has to be some way of banding together and sending EA a message.
Like most of you, I'm frustrated by EA's Xbox policies.

Having said that, and I know I said it before, but I believe the only way to send a message that will be heard is to limit EA purchases for the Xbox to exceptionally good titles. This would let their management know that there is a potential market on the Xbox.

Simply "boycotting" EA could send them the message that there is no Xbox market worth pursuing. That isn't a result that will benefit Xbox owners. Even if you are the rare gamer who doesn't want (or believes you don't want) any EA titles, losing the support of a publisher as large as EA isn't good for the console.

EA needs to get the message, but that message should be that there are Xbox owners out there who would buy a lot more EA titles with a change in their policies with respect to Xbox and Xbox Live.

-j

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks